WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A warm reception”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed for one night as part of a border to border road trip. We arrived in SLO quite late due to bad weather on the PCH and were tired at check in. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and commiserated that we had missed the Thursday night market. He did recommend a great place for dinner.
The room was a typical motel room, but clean and comfortable. We were only staying one night and had a small room at the front. We were not troubled by noise either from the road or other guests.
Breakfast was a cut above what we had experienced at other motels, and again the staff were very friendly, chatting to us about the area and enjoying my confusion over American Football!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scossy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very good breakfast in a spacious breakfast room with a patio overlooking the nicely landscaped grounds. Exceptional customer service from Claire and the Owners. Overall a very pleasant stay in a convenient location, we would definitely choose Peach Tree in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sansimeon
Poole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Typical US chalet roomed motel but clean, courteous service, well appointed fittings like flat screen TVs and BluRay players. A simple but very nice breakfast. Lower level rooms would be further from the road but we slept peacefully on the road frontage. I'd recommend it for a no frills overnight stop. Not in the centre of town.

Room Tip: Down the ramp to the rooms at the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TatsfieldPoole
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I spent a week at this motel, and really enjoyed my stay. I requested a smaller room in front because I didn't need one of the larger rooms in back. I had no problem with street noise as some other reviewers have mentioned. There just isn't that much traffic on that street in this part of town.

The staff was very friendly when I checked in, and every morning in the breakfast area. The motel and the staff create a family-owned atmosphere.

The breakfasts included the basic items, but I thought the food quality was much better than at other motels. Breakfast was served in a very pleasant room with large tables and newspapers on each table. My room was clean, although somewhat small, but again, that was my choice. I was doing business during the day and not living in the room except in the evening. Since the building is only one floor high, no one was stomping on the floor above me, and I could park my car right in front of my door.

This is an excellent place to stay, especially for the rates charged. The next time I am in San Luis (which is once or twice a year), I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If all you want is a clean place to sleep, the smaller rooms in from are fine. Mine had a 40"...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
patriciaweil@me.com
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I can't believe this is the number 2 hotel in San Luis. Cheap maybe, worth a stay no! Our room on the highway next to a gas station was dreary. Having arrived in the dark we did not know there was more hotel down the hill from the desk and the clerk offered no advice or choice. Breakfast was fine but we did not come to eat.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank pattyperfect9
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Forgot my jewelry in the room when we checked out and didn't realize it until we were 200 miles away. Called the hotel and found out the next day that the housekeeping staff turned it in! They are shipping it to me - no problem. I love this place!! I chose Peach Tree for the combination of reviews and price. Absolutely delivered. I generally avoid 'affordable' places because I don't want to risk a poor mattress and a lousy night's sleep. However our bed was really good and the place was quiet and the staff was outstanding. As the other reviewers state, this place is not fancy. But it is comfortable, very clean, offers adirondack chairs and swings for relaxing, and includes basic food, We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Creekside rooms have best location
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karenhelms
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Peach Tree based on the location, price, and Trip Advisor rating. Unfortunately, the Peach Tree did not live up to the reviews. The bed was worn out with deep saggy holes and dips in the mattress. The room should at least have a new bed and flat screen TV for the high price on a Saturday night.

I gave it a three because the staff was friendly and we enjoyed the continental breakfast and coffee on the deck. Two and a half is a more accurate rating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple