“Nice office, rooms need overhaul”
Review of Peach Tree Inn

Peach Tree Inn
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed March 22, 2008

The staff and the office/lounge are great, breakfast was awesome but the room is marginal. The beds were really hard, the shower head was nearly nonfunctional, the walls are thin and from the outside noise levels the windows must be single paned. SLO is expensive and the Peach Tree is no exception.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed March 2, 2008

This hotel was great. My parents and I went to SLO for the Thursday night farmer's market. The room my parents had by the creek was just remodelled. It looked out over the green hills and there was a nice little creek. My room was more of a regular room and was quite nice as well - the beds were great as well as the decor. The heater worked well and quickly. The continental breakfast was really good and filling. The hotel is right on the trolley line so it was easy to get myself and parents to and from the market without any problems. And for a random Thursday in late Feb the street fair was packed with young fun people, live music and food every where. Also the staff was professional, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2008

It was our second stop in this nice little town in one week, we started out in San Fran, made it down to LA. On the way back I decided to step into this motel and ask them thier rate. The young man offered us a nice rate and promised we would not be dissapointed. We were very pleased...not big on size, but just right on the detail for style and cleaness. The bathrooms must have just been upgraded, because all the tile and paint looked new. The carpets were clean, heat was warm and room was odor free. Everything was spotless. A trolly stopped right in front of the hotel to take us just 2 miles to the little but bustling downtown (Thursday night was farmers market night...local produce, product, eateries, set up and sell thier wares.....street performers, singers, magicians...worth the trip to San Louis Obisbo) Woke up the next morning, me and the wife took a nice jog down the sidewalks then came back to a wonderfull free breakfast in what seemed like a mountain inn (looking out at the mountains, watching a hummingbird feed at the flowers). All kinds of fresh cooked breads, muffins, spreads, eggs, cereals, melons..it was great. I can highly recommend this inn, for price, quality, cleaness....

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank boflex
Reviewed February 16, 2008

The Peachtree is a very clean motel. The styles might be a little outdated, but nothing is overly worn or threadbare. Everything is in great shape and the bed was comfy. The breakfast was nice and included fresh breads. The staff are very nice and helpful. You can take breakfast to your room on trays with to go coffee cups and plastic wear. If you aren't expecting a nicemotel you will pleasantly surpirsed. In general I am anti-motel as they often are not well-run. This was an exception to the rule and I am so glad we did not spend more money elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lauracro
Reviewed February 5, 2008

San Luis Obispo is described a travellers guide book as an "unappreciated gem" and thats exactly what it is, a gem. A nice downtown area with lots of places to eat and shops to browse. We stayed at the Peachtree Inn, which is alongside several other motels, and value for money is the best. Family owned and operated, the owners are delightful, it has a lounge area, with some books to read, and where you make your own breakfast (included in cost), or relax on the deck and watch the humming birds. A real homely (or is it homey?) place!! We stayed two nights in January and were sorry to have to head south to LA to catch a flight home, could easily have stayed a week.

1  Thank Crusaderbob
Reviewed January 25, 2008

Our favorite parts:
~The heating system was AMAZING!!! if you run cold, you want
to stay here. (If you run hot, you still want to stay here)
~The shower head is HIGH!! My boyfriend is 6'4" and he fit
under it with ease. I think he showered 5 or 6 times in 2
days...that's how rare a high enough shower head is!
~It is a beautiful room in general...nice back porch with a view.
~We could watch TV, which was nice since we don't own one at
home.
~It's not too far from Down town...a bit far to walk in the rain, but
not too far if it were warm and dry.
~Breakfast is from 7am-10am and it's a fairly good spread...at
least for the price seeing as it comes with the price of the room
($99/night) and the room was pretty awesome.

The bad:
~Remember to bring your own shampoo, conditioner and body
wash. They do not provide shampoo or conditioner, but there
is bar soap.
~I think that's it. :)

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MyAngel037
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Upon arriving at the inn, you notice that they have put a lot of care into this property. The outside is very clean and the grounds look good. We arrived about 45 minutes before check in and our room was not ready, which was OK with us. The check in staff was very kind and checked to see if any other rooms were ready, but being a holiday weekend, everything was booked. He let us have our keys anyways and told us the room would be ready in 30 minutes, which it was. I appreciated being able to get the keys without having to come by the office again when the room was ready. By the way, when I say room key, I mean room key. Not a card, but an actual big, heavy key, which is not very convenient.

The rooms have parking right in front of your door, which can have its plusses and minuses, depending on whether you mind that sort of thing. Since the room had a real key, it also had a regular doorknob and deadbolt, which left me feeling a little insecure, but you are in SLO so there's not too much to worry about. The room was old fashioned, but well maintained. We stayed in a room with a queen sized bed. The room is very small, as is typical of an establishment of this age. I was happy that the channels available on cable were of a good variety, as it seems that most places barely give you any channels to choose from nowadays. The tv had a built in vcr and you could check out movies from the front desk. They seemed to have a pretty good selection.

The bathroom was small and old fashioned, but clean. No frills here. Towels, toilet paper, some makeup remover towelettes, and a little bar of wafer thin soap are all you get. No tub, just a shower stall. There is a soap dispenser in the shower which seems to have some kind of shampoo/body wash?

Small, built in vanity with mirror, table with two chairs, and a very tiny closet round out the room. There is a suitcase valet that will fit a carryon in the closet, so that was nice. Bed was OK. Pillows were OK. Nothing to write home about. Didn't need to use the window mounted air conditioner. Did need to use the heater...wow. The heater in the room is a wall heater that I would guess dates to the late 50's, early 60's. Pilot light and all. The thermostat's on/off button was missing, so we had to move the temp up and down, no biggie. It roared to life (literally) and heated the room very well for the night. Note that I said "the night". The next morning when I woke up to take a shower, I turned the heater back up and nothing happened. It was freezing. I ended up getting dressed and heading to the continental breakfast. When I returned 20 minutes later, the room had warmed up a bit. I'm sorry, but it's 2008 and I just am not into waiting 20 minutes for the heater to get going.

Being an older inn, the walls were nice and thick. Barely heard anything from next door. The continental breakfast consisted of cereal, tea, coffee, an assortment of breads and muffins with jams and butter, fruit, hardboiled eggs, and juice. Toaster did not work, which I found out the hard way. Other than that, a decent spread. There are tables and chairs to eat at, as well as a little patio area.

In general, a clean, quiet place. Just really old.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple