“Home Away from Home”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Southern California
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have been staying at the Peach Tree Inn for nearly 20 years now, most recently this weekend, and have seen it just get better and better over the years. The friendly atmosphere has made it a home away from home for us on many occasions and we stay here at least twice each year for events in the San Luis Obispo area.

Room Tip: The farther down the slope the better. It costs more, but it's worth it. Go to their website a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
california
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Returning guests of the Peachtree and visiting family in SLO, we decided to ask for a walk-in rate since the Inn was not busy and we are SLO natives. The female Manager was less than cooperative and bordering on rude, not budging on an over-priced rate for mid-week and off-season. When I informed her that I too am in the lodging industry and asked by name if the Owner was still current, she said "yes, but he won't give you a discount either". Her attitude and her decision to put us next to a noisy construction workers weekly room when there were a multitude of available rooms all over the property, is unprofessional. My overall impression of the Manager was that she was lacking in customer service skills for her position. The room we were assigned to was extremely small, we were bumping into furniture and each other. We have always stayed on the other side of the property where the rooms seem much larger and apparently upgraded. When we asked the Manager for one of those rooms she rudely replied "not unless you spend more money". We are planning a trip to SLO again in Oct and are sorry we are not able to consider Peachtree Inn again, as it is a convenient location for us. In the past we interacted with the cordial Owner and that made our stay more pleasant but it seems things have changed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank sansimeon
Reviewed September 22, 2012

On our California west coast trip this motel was by far the best place we stayed in! The rooms were very clean, spacious and cosy. The breakfast was great and there was a lot of choice. We had fresh stawberries, delicious blueberry muffins and a real orange juice that does not taste like sweeted water. Overall this is a nice place to stay for a good value if you do not mind that the motel is not located at the beach (Pismo beach is not far).
We definitely recommend The Peach Tree Inn and would stay there again!!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank oANKIo
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was on a road trip coming from Las Vegas and stayed here one night August 10th. The rooms were clean, the owner was pleasant and I slept well. A small breakfast is also served in the morning, which was adequate for my needs. Our room was in the back of the property so I did not experience any traffic noise.

Room Tip: In the back of the property.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mafungo
Port Orange FL
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here for the first time for 2 nights while bringing our daughter to Freshman WOW introduction at Cal Poly. Got a KG room toward the middle of the property right near this wonderful tree swing and also a porch with comfy chairs for eating breakfast or reading.
Rooms were amazingly clean and the bed was cozy with good quality pillows.
We enjoy pet free smoke free hotels and appreciated the very friendly and accommodating staff and management. Will definitely stay here again as it is within walking distance to campus and many shops/restaurants.

Room Tip: Was told the Creekside rooms are perfect for a special anniversary, retreat weekend or more private...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marcus L
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. The rooms are very clean, the staff is extremely friendly and they serve a very decent breakfast. There are cookies and lemonade in the evening.
The only thing you have to be concerned about is the traffic noise. If you get a room closer to the street then the traffic noise may bother you at night. They have several rooms towards the back of the hotel which will be better specially if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel, away from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank adnanshamsi
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This morning I was outside, smoking, when the owner (Hitch) came up and told me I couldn't smoke here. I told him I wasn't smoking in the room and that is what the sign said - no smoking in the rooms. So I didn't smoke in the room. I pointed out that there was no signage indicating anything he was telling me. Hitch told me he don't believe in signs. Don't believe in signs? Then he started to babble about some study that shows signs don't do any good and it is his prerogative not to put up any signage about this.

There signs all over the place - no smoking in rooms! I asked Hitch why wasn't I informed of this smoking policy when I called in the reservation? He said they usually do. I told him no they don't. Then pointed to the cigarette butts, on the ground, and told him this belonged to the couple in the next room. I met them last night. He just went on like a babbling idiot about some part of his life experience. He is the owner, why did he feel the need to lie about this?

Last night, the head board fell off the wall. I called the night manager she came right over to look at the situation. When she arrived, I was outside smoking, not a word was said, about it.

I understand the hate lynch mob that has been formed against smokers, over the years. But if you're going to have rules, then people have to be made aware of them - up front! Don't conceal them. What's up with that? How many other *hidden rules* are there that are?

Anyway ... The rooms are everything the reviews say they are. The staff are very friendly and efficient. Parked the motorcycle right in front of the room. It is a safe area. Bus stop right in front of the place. Chevron gas station directly across the street. It is truly a nice place. They took some off the bill for the head board falling off the wall.

I am sorry I can't recommend this place. Smokers need to beware, the owner has his own, private, war going on with you. I will not be treated the way I was by the owner and I will not tolerate being lied too. It is the mark of dishonesty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple