“Good food but overpriced”
Review of Gardens of Avila

Gardens of Avila
Reserve with OpenTable
Gardens of Avila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 302 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 101
Transit: Avila Beach Pismo Beach
Baldwin Park, California
“Good food but overpriced”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We ate in the bar area because we were hungry and couldn't wait to be seated in the regular dinning area. The food was good but too gourmetish for me, meaning tiny portions for a large cost. I would not go back.

• Visited July 2013

Reno, Nevada
“I miss Evan Treadwell.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant just misses the mark. We brought our own $60 bottle of Pinot, which the waitress managed to destroy the cork on, by not driving the corkscrew down far enough (I personally salvaged the bottle). My wife ordered the lettuce salad with roasted beets; no beets, just radishes. What's that about? The spaghetti portion was really small for $26. The breads are great, but everything else is not up to the standards dictated by the price. Next time, it's Lido's. Better food, more professional service (sorry Erin), and a great view to boot.

• Visited July 2013
Fresno, California
“COOOOLD”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have come here for breakfast for years - and the experiences vary from time to time. That in itself is frustrating, but . . .we keep hoping for the initial "great" breakfast experiences we had a number of years ago.

This time our food was very good (last time it wasn't) - and our server was very nice, albeit, the water glasses were not filled without asking and my husband had to also ask for coffee refills. (No, they were not super busy)

The HUGE complaint we had was that as the servers would serve the guests dining outside, they would leave the doors open to the dining area where we and the rest of the diners were eating and it was COLD!!! (Guests outside asked for the heaters to be turned on out there.) I cannot begin to count the number of times I had to get up to close the doors behind a server who went in or out; I realize doors are a challenge with your hands full of food or dirty dishes, but . . the door could be pushed to/almost closed or better yet, another server could do door duty while another server was busy serving. Yes, we asked them to keep it closed but to no avail.

Anyway having to get up countless times to close the door was annoying and disruptive to what would have been a very nice meal.

• Visited April 2013
Montrose, CA
“Walked Out”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Unfortunately we walked out and cancelled our reservation. Never got to try the food, which I hear from friends is great, but the service (or should I say lack of service) was very dissappointing.

Visited May 2013
Sacramento, California
“Good food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was very tasty and the presentation was nice. Large plates, smaller portions. Dessert wa fantastic too.

Visited April 2013