“Bone-in Ham & Eggs!”
Review of Apple Farm

Apple Farm
Reserve with OpenTable
Apple Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 315 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Garfield
Description: The Apple Farm Restaurant & Bakery has been a favorite spot for decades for locals as well as the traveler on a weekend getaway. Our hearty homestyle food, fresh pastries, and pies are world famous! We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Breakfast was awesome! I had the bone-in ham & eggs with country potatoes. My meal also came with a large soft biscuit with jam, butter, and honey.

I sat on the patio which was quiet beautiful with the mountains and all the flowers. The chef came out on the patio and cut some fresh growing herbs while I was sitting there which drew my attention to the fact that they grow a lot of their own herbs and tomatoes right on the patio!

applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent breakfast with us. It's nice to hear that you had such a wonderful meal! Our patio is really a lovely place to dine and we do grow a lot of our own herbs that the chefs use in their dishes every day. We certainly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Very pleasant, great welcome, good service, meat tough - don't choose beef. Spicy apple cider delicious.

applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent meal with us. We are glad to hear that our staff was attentive and friendly. We appreciate your feedback on our food and we will be sure to pass it on to our chef. We look forward to welcoming you for another meal soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Worst trip off ever! Ordered a $9 quesadilla for lunch that Taco Bell would have charged less than $1, and it would have been good. This was served as one 10" tortilla with a greased filling of vegetables that was so thin it could have been just butter, but the middle was soggy, and it was mostly oil probably used to soften the tortilla. The tortilla must have been really old, because the edges had hardened to the point of being able to pound nails, and that's not easy with a think tortilla. The tortilla was folded over so half the plate was empty. The waiter said it would come with a side, but when he served it he said he was sorry, the cooks had corrected him, so he would charge $9 plus another $5 for my side, another miserable addition. The $3 cup of coffee was so old, burned and bitter, I'm sure it was left over from breakfast. You know you are in trouble, when the waiter delivers your food with an apology. I would have sent it back, but I was with people I didn't want to embarrass. This was unbelievable the aboslute worst lunch I have ever had in any restaurant, other than a couple of times when I got food poisoining. This would be the only exception. The lunch for the other people in my party was no better, and when we talked about it, nobody wanted to return to this restaurant ever again. No wonder the restaurant was empty on a 4th of July weekend, when every place else was so packed you couldn't get in. Sad because years ago this was a decent restaurant. Only go here if you have absolutely no respect for your hard earned money, and you are not hungry so you are just using the booth as a place to meet up with people. I'm not sure, however, what you would order. Stay away!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent lunch with us. I sincerely apologize for the poor dining experience you had with us. Please be assured that this is not typical of our restaurant and we will be addressing this with our kitchen and serving staff immediately. Please feel free to contact me directly at christeng@applefarm.com so that we can make this right for you. I certainly hope to hear from you soon!

Christen Goldie
Public Relations Manager
Apple Farm

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Decent food and good portions but too expensive. We only went here because we received dining vouchers from the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to our restaurant. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals with us. Some of our menu items can be a bit more due to the local products we use wherever possible. I will definitely pass on your comments to our restaurant manager for review. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great Food !
A Lot of food.
Little pricey, but excellent service and great food
Plenty of seating, excellent on site bakery too

applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your breakfast with us. It is so nice to hear you had such a lovely time and we certainly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you for another visit soon!