“Quality Stuff, Fast!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This airport bistro has been fine for at least a decade. Breakfasts are excellent--wide choice available.

Service is very competent. If you've got to catch a flight, this place understands!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I found ourselves away from home on Christmas Eve. This was a first and we were a little sad about it. Then we found Spirit of San Luis. This restaurant overlooks the San Luis Obispo airport. For a family of aviation buffs, this was an awesome find! The food was wonderful. The popcorn shrimp was to die for. As good as the food was, our happiest memory was being able to talk with the owners. They gave Christmas Eve a real holiday feeling. We chatted, drank wine, watched the planes take off and land and the kids had a ball watching the wild rabbits that lived in the garden below the restaurant. We will definitely come back to Spirit of San Luis on our next visit!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I find the Spirit to be the BEST restaurant in San Luis Obispo. The atmosphere is classy yet casual, and we love real tablecloths, wait staff in uniform, and really excellent food. My husband loves the seafood platter--loves that the fish is sauteed and the shrimp is tempura-style, and that you can get a baked potato or rice instead of fries. Not your average all-deep-fried seafood platter. I love the snapper vera cruz--simply delicious. The fresh vegetables are really fresh and good, and the dinner salads and blue cheese dressing are fresh and delicious.

2  Thank CalifJanet
Reviewed October 22, 2012

NOT your normal 'airport' food, this restaurant is just enough out of the main stream in town to be forgotten about. Food is very tasty, reasonably priced, good service and you can watch planes take off and land with nice views of the valley. Doug and Julie are just the best owners and VERY well respected in town - just a good place to go - we're there at least once a month, sometimes more.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I consider the food good, basic American chow.
I consider lunches a bit over-priced, depending what you order. (not tried dinner yet).
The service has been good times when I have visited.

I enjoy eating there for the "visuals". (planes, locals, travelers).
The place has an attractive, low key atmosphere.
I believe the owners work hard to keep improving it.
Parking is easier than going "down town" .