“A must for the taco lover!”

Taqueria Santa Cruz Express
Ranked #78 of 315 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This taqueria is one of the most authentic Mexican taquerias that I have experienced in the U.S. They have a wide variety of taco meats that you would find in a Mexican taqueria (asada, lengua, buche, cabeza and more) and the food is absolutely delicious! The carne asada taco I had was seasoned perfectly, meat was soft and tasty and the portion size was good. My husband had the buche (pork stomach) which he said was wonderful and my daughter enjoyed the pollo asado. Service was a bit slow but definitely worth the wait! We plan on a return visit while we are here!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Delicious and authentic. Had the tacos al pastor and I highly recommend. Went at 5pm and it wasnt crowded.

1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We found this place by "accident". Lucky accident, to be more precise. Friendly service, excellent food from an extensive menu. From now on a favorite stop on our way south

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Well this place is a wonderful addition to San Luis Obispo. As I have stated in other reviews, I really like taquerias. So when in SLO this place is great for lunch of dinner! I come in and have a few tacos (asada, chicken, al pastor) and when you add that you get all the chips and salsa you want (help yourself) and the spicy carrots and potatoes are wonderful! Amigo I am now too full for dinner for the price of three tacos! Wow. This will be very popular in the college town - and it is - I note whenever I drive by.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Taqueria Santa Cruz Express is a welcome addition to San Luis Obispo.
It's strengths include their fresh well prepared variety of salsas, regular burritos,
and soft tacos. The burritos are wrapped well, perhaps too well for someone
desiring to add salsa within. The tacos al pastor are among the best I've had.
For those unable to break away from their Tex-Mex habits, they also
include Cal Poly & 49ers burritos. Most disappointing are the absences of
huevos rancheros and tacos de pescado estilo baja from their menu. Sadly
they only have fish tacos made with tilapia. From the menu the only Mexican
beer offered is Corona. I would have liked others choices such as Modelo,
Bavaria, or Leon Negro.
The eating environment is more conducive to take out though there are
small sit down areas inside where it can get hot or sidewalk seating.
For those with late night food cravings they are open until 11pm.