“Great little hole in the wall and locals secret”

Bon Temps Creole Cafe
Ranked #58 of 303 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Premier Cajun/Creole restaurant in San Luis Obispo County for over 20 years. Now at our new location in the historic Railroad District. Jambalaya, Gumbo, Shrimp Creole, Crawfish, Po-boys, Muffaletttas, Eggs Benedict, Salmon Benedict, Fried Green Tomatoes and more. Garden patio dining. Casual and fun atmosphere. Kids menu. Vegetarian and vegan items. Plenty of parking.
Petaluma, California
“Great little hole in the wall and locals secret”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been twice now, and will continue to go back often. Both times I ordered breakfast, because getting breakfast until 2PM daily is my idea of a great start to any day.

The hash browns are perfect every time - and advertised to be Cajun spicy - but I didn't notice a particular spiciness. I had the Pain Perdue - a type of French toast covered in pecans and a honey rum syrup. OMG! Delish! That has to be on your to do list when you go. I had eggs benedict the first trip and while the egg could have been a touch less cooked, it was very good and I noticed there was one kind of benedict from the menu on every table in the restaurant so they must be well known for them. They have artichoke benedict, and fried green tomato benedict to name a few. I just had the regular one and it was good.

The second trip I had Pain Perdue as I said and bacon and eggs breakfast. Also very good. The menu is extensive and they serve all three meals a day. I look forward to dinner there and many more breakfasts excursions. (By the way the staff both days were very friendly, probably some great kids from Cal Poly and we were well taken care of.)

Don't let the location (at the entrance to a freeway in a motel) fool you. This is a great little secret in San Luis Obispo.

• Visited April 2013

Santa Cruz, California
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Found it on Yelp. Little dumpy dive in a Ramada Inn. Food is out of this world. We had breakfast. I didn't want spicy sausage stuff, so waitress said what about the Fat Tuesday Omelet. I wasn't impressed with the description, but had to continually slow myself down as I wanted to INHALE it, it was so delicious. Wife had eggs Sardou, which was heavenly. a delicious meal and find in SLO.

Visited March 2013
Petaluma, California
“Good food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The first thing I order at a new restaurant is biscuits and grave, let's face it if you can't make decent gravy I'm not coming back for anything else. This gravy was good. Well made and just the perfect amount of spice. I tried my wife's pan Perdue and eggs Benedict and they were tasty as well. We'll be back.

San Diego, California
“excellent new orleans café feel”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

had the andouille (sp?) sausage and the french toast with the cajun name i don't remember. my wife had something equally tasty. this was a good, cheap breakfast restaurant.

Visited March 2013
slo life
“New Orleans here in SLO-Town!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

New Orleans here in SLO-Town! The food ,the staff, the coffee is all GREAT!! My favorite breakfast plate is the Fat Tuesday Omelette. try it you'll like it.

Visited March 2012