“Like Vinyl? Searching For CD's In A Real Store? It's Here in SLO”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boo Boo Records

Boo Boo Records
Ranked #6 of 18 Shopping in San Luis Obispo
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Like Vinyl? Searching For CD's In A Real Store? It's Here in SLO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

As a teen I loved to sift through all the albums in a huge record store. I was lucky because I grew up in LA and got to visit Tower Records and other large album depositories. Well, you can now harken back to that era at a great record store in downtown San Luis Obispo, California. CD's? They have row after row of 'em. Plus my fav is great vinyl. Boo Boo Records has plenty of vinyl for the album collector. I scored some unreal buys in their dollar bin. Plus the quality of so many of them is tip top...Knowledgeable? Well, the fellow at the front register is a host of a thirty-three year jazz radio show in SLO. He knows his stuff. The fellow in the rear of the store is a musician and is a whiz at music knowledge. Plus they have used audio gear. Really. I fell for a Marantz 2235B. I have been searching high and low for quality used Marantz gear. Many say it is the best audio stuff from that era. They had a "mint" receiver on the shelf and I took it back home to Las Vegas. Plan to spend a bit of time at Boo Boo Records. There are thousands of CD's and albums to discover on their shelves. History of the place? Just been around since 1974. Boo Boo Records is a must stop when you roam the streets of quaint downtown SLO. Now, time to drop the needle...

Visited July 2013