“Join the locals for a brew”

Central Coast Brewery
Ranked #64 of 316 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Persian, Brew Pub
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stopped here for a beer while walking back to our B&B. We like supporting the small local businesses and trying out different beers. It's small - There are a few seats outside under umbrellas, and a few seats inside at the bar. You can have your growler filled, or buy one here.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My son and I enjoyed their beer selections. We ordered at the small bar and found a table inside near the tanks. We tried 4 beers.The beer with rye and the bourbon flavor were both very good. This is a place to try beers on site,nothing fancy,just local folks enjoying their beer just hanging out.We will be back!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We really loved the Enkel. The Hefe was weak - I do like one with spice but this one was watery even for a light one. The Imperial Stout was good but I really thought the Enkel was the highlight.
It had a good depth of flavor, very interesting - good even flavor that kept up and didn't wash out. It had a nice tartness.
They serve taster size up to pints.
We were there on a weekday afternoon, it was clean, well lit and well tended. The only thing they didn't have was the bottled root beer that we wanted to take to our kids.
I see other reviews speak of bad service but I'd put up with it to have that Enkel again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I waited 15 minutes for a beer. The 3 chicks where served pretty quickly behind us and still we were not even acknowledged. I'm sure the beer would have been ok if the service had been better but I will never know. I'm sure there are better places to spend your money in town where a owner or employees would value your hard earned money being spent.

1  Thank Kari S
Reviewed December 15, 2013

They do have good beers. I would go back. But found it a tough place to love. It took a lot of effort to get the bartender's attention long enough to get them ordered. It was also really cold in there once the sun went down and temps dropped. Sliding doors stayed wide open even though most people were wearing their coats. I almost contemplated giving up my seat indoors to sit under the outdoor heaters (would have been warmer) but was convinced I'd never get another beer if I gave up my seat at the bar. Anyway - maybe just an off night.