“Great Pasta & Martini's”
Review of Vieni Vai Trattoria - CLOSED

Vieni Vai Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad & Higuera
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Service was great, Pasta was amazing, bread delicious! Limoncello Martini was Great! We arrived with a few extra people and it was no problem!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Vieni Vai Trattoria is a great little restaurant on Higuera in SLO. The front is rather unassuming, blending well with the community. The owner, who greets you is a bit quiet, reserved, but still friendly. Our waiter, whose name now escapes me was very knowledgeable, friendly and out going. The other staff were as friendly, and said hello as you walked throught the small restaurant and bar. The menu has a good selection of items, well explained, and easy to understand. I had the Chicken Gorganzola, it was excellent, and my wife had a special Lobster in pasta and a red sauce, she loved it. We also enjoyed a bottle of wine, from the region in Italy where the owner emigrated from. The prices are very reasonable, under $100 for two, with the bottle of wine and tip. I would return again and again, when desiring Italian!!

1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had no reservations, and on Friday night (parents weekend)...needed to eat. We hit a small gap and had dinner here. We ate in back under the heaters.

I had a good (not like Italy, but better than Dominos) pizza, ; rest of party had pasta or seafood.

I would give dinner...B+ quality; and that is not a "complaint". it was good. not perfect

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Dined here on a Saturday early evening, 6:15 p.m. Immediate seating, nice patio table, good natural gas heaters. No corkage fee on first bottle. The menu is well rounded with pastas, chicken and veal dishes. I tried the Osso Bucco ($21) and it was very tender and tasty. It was served on top of a plain risotto, not the traditional risotto Milanese. My wife had veal scallopini which was served with a very light, delicious linguine alfredo. Her meal was also delicious. By the time we left the restaurant at 7:30 p.m. it was very busy. All in all we were quite satisfied and would return.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

For our special family dinner before sending our son off to Cal Poly, we tried and thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Great first impression! Friendly service, terrific food and a charming back patio made for a special experience. Portions aren't large (which is a good thing for overeaters like me), but that's the only nit, really. Will definitely return, especially after hearing that our Cal Poly kid gets half off certain pasta dishes midweek.