“Lovely location, good food”

Tonita's Mexican Food
Ranked #210 of 304 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Firstly you need to know that there are either 2 locations or it has moved, but we visited the place at 1024 Nipomo and it was great. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food delicious and sitting outside on the patio overlooking the creek in the sun was perfect.

1  Thank candirisk

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Stopped in for a late lunch and was in the mood for tacos. Greeted by a girl mumbling, shoveling ice at the salsa bar inside a tiny, plaster echoing room. After she took my order of a fish taco ($4), chips and salsa ($3) and a soda ($2), she ignored me. I had to ask for the bottle opener for my drink. I sat at a table and she brought my food within 10 minutes. I then had to ask for my order of chip and salsa cuz it was not delivered w/ my meal, and when it arrived I was astonished that my $3 extra dollars only got me like 12 chips. I had to ask were the salsa was and she pointed to the area in which she was working. The salsa was decent. The food was average, but the service kinda sucked. In addition, the table side Tapatio sauce did not have the proper spout and I nearly dumped too much on my meal.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

We always stop here every time on our way down to visit family in L.A. I recommend the Nachos or the Wet Burritos, they are FANTASTIC!! With easy access not far from the 101, it's always the perfect quick stop on our journey..