“So delicious!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Avila Beach, California
“So delicious!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

"Irasshaimase" - you will hear them shout this throughout the night. "Welcome - come on in".

Excellence all around. Gracious people, friendly and attentive.

My husband lived in Japan for 2 years and said this was the best Japanese restaurant he has been to in the States. The sushi and sashimi was so fresh. So delicious, in fact that we just had that for dinner. We didn't even get to try the other dishes and that was perfectly fine with us! Another reason to return!

If you love sushi, you must get the spicy albacore tuna with garlic chips roll. It's the best roll I've ever had. So delicious!

Asahi and Kirin on tap!

The restaurant is located in the Creamery...a bit off the road and a little hidden. It's a pretty small space and a little cramped but it has so much character.

Can't wait to return!

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am so fussy with my Japanese food and this restaurant was brilliant. The service was welcoming and it was busy with everyone enjoying their meals. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu. A nice laid back setting.

• Visited March 2013
Loveland, Colorado
“Best sushi ever ... trust me on this one”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Well, assume that they have great sushi in Japan but have not been there, yet. All I can say is Goshi is the best I have enjoyed to date in California. Stumbled upon this gem by accident during a visit and have been back twice -- it only gets better. When it comes to sushi there are three measures for me -- quality, freshness and artistic presentation -- and Goshi scores highest on all three. The sashimi is melt-in-your-mouth quality, the Tuna Tataki tastes like it was pulled from the ocean minutes ago and the albacore with garlic chips is one of the Seven Wonders of the (Sushi) World. Hard to find, harder to wait for a table to open but Goshi is soooo worth it. I hesitate to even review this place because I want to keep it all to myself! I often judge a sushi restaurant by how many Japanese are dining along with me and there are plenty at nearby tables. Prompt, friendly service. Huge bonus is having Kirin on tap ... wow! Veggie friendly (more fish for me!) Highest recommendation.

• Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great Japanese which serve so many varieties of fish cheeks”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

For those who love eating Kama Kanpachi (grilled amberjack cheek), Kama Hamachi (grilled yellowtail cheek) this is the place to go!

The day we visited they have so many other choices (look at the manu on the white board for today's manu): Bluefin Tuna cheek, Salmon cheek on top of the regular choices you would see in most of the Japanese restaurants. We ordered a Amberjack and a tuna cheek on top of 6 sushi rolls and 9 pieces of chef's sashimi! The tuna cheek was gigantic and we ended up packing the tuna cheek for home (and it was good for a meal for two people!)

We live in San Francisco and have many choices of Japanese but this one will certainly stand out if it opened in SF!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank travelingfrogs600
Morro Bay, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only authentic Japanese food in SLO”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Goshi reminds me of when I lived in Tokyo. Great food, tucked away, tight quarters, attentive service, very Japanese.

• Visited October 2012