“Best Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The biscuits n gravy were so yummy! I found this place by accident back in 2010 and really enjoyed it. So I had to come back and bring my husband to try the food. Great food and great value. Homely vibe. I give the staff props for teamwork in such a small work space. And friendly staff as well. We will be back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I can see why the locals love this place because one gets a "great deal" with the humongous servings on a plate. But it was gross food. I ordered a crab and shrimp omelet, but they ran out of crab and served it WATERY on the plate! The shrimp was from a can! The omlette that was bigger than my face was soaked in water that I could literally eat it as a soup! I was about to ask the waitress if she was serious....but tried to eat it anyway out of pity. i only ate a tiny bit and tried to scrape some shrimp from inside. The biscuit is huge and piping hot, and it looks great - but tastes like bisquick out of a box. The grunge and the slow servers make this place a WTF experience, not a liberating locals joint I was hoping for. Oh, the parking meters suck too, we had only 40 minutes to get in and out.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Whoever invented the sourdough pancakes at this joint deserves knighthood because they are MAGICAL! I haven't ordered pancakes in years but gave it a whirl and scarfed down all 3. Note: I'm 5' tall and very tiny. They was gooooood! My boyfriend ate a massive omelette and was making the same "Hallelujah" noises I was making while eating. Giant portions, great servers, family vibe. We went out of our way to come here and it was worth it! Ps. I'm a super picky eater. ;)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

What took us so long to find you, dear Louisa's Place?? But we'll be back. Classic diner with the best breakfast around. Seriously--I had the "budget" breakfast which was one egg, one piece of bacon, one pancake and coffee--for $7.50. The pancake was delicious, and the rest was spot on. He had french toast, eggs and bacon. The french toast was among the best we've ever tasted. We would have embarrassed ourselves by licking the plate had we not been sitting at the counter (which is long and seats most who come here). The price is right, the service attentive and alert, and we will dream about that food. Don't come looking for snazzy decor but do come for comfort food to feed you, body and soul.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great breakfast although we ate WAY TOO much. The portions are beyond huge but very tasty. The service is good but the wait can be long. We got in without waiting but a line formed shortly after and those people were there for awhile.