“GOOD AND QUICK FOOD IN DOWNTOWN SLO”

Splash Cafe Seafood & Grill
Ranked #46 of 303 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Big Bear Lake, California
“GOOD AND QUICK FOOD IN DOWNTOWN SLO”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I were visiting family in San Luis Obispo and we wanted a place that was pet friendly. We went for lunch on a busy Sunday and were able to find a couple of small tables to put together outside. There was a small line for ordering your food and they were busy however, once ordered the food came out in fairly quick time and everything we had was good. My wife's son recommended the clam chowder and the wife said it was very good. This is more of a lunch place with fish & chips, chicken strips & chips, and other finger foods including burgers. There is not a lot of room to sit down if you want to sit inside however, the staff are fast, friendly, and professional, and the food is very good overall. I would recommend this location if you find yourself in the area with an appetite.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Steven C

“Great catering service!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

For two years in a row, I catered an annual business lunch with Splash. Heather is amazing. You tell her your budget and what you want. She promptly emails an estimate, which you can work with her to change to suit your needs. Delivery to our meeting location was prompt and professional. The food was a hit. Large delicious sandwiches, salad, and cookies. Perfect. I highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Speedy and tasty in downtown SLO”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I practically subsist on Splash Cafe in Pismo and Splash Cafe Artisan Bakery when visiting the area, so this might be a biased review. Personally though, I was equally pleased to experience this new location. Some of the items, such as the clam chowder are similar to their other restaurants, while several items are currently unique to this location. I indulged upon the Caprese panini, which included a spicy marinara. The accompanying sweet potato fries were the best I have tasted anywhere.

There was plenty of seating inside amongst Splash Cafe's entertaining and charming murals, but we took advantage of their patio seating, since we had our 4-legged friend along with us. This also provided the opportunity for some great people watching.

I am happy to have this new Splash Cafe addition.

Visited December 2013
Oakland, California
“The best clam chowder!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Highly Recommend the Bread Bowl. Get a side of fries to dip into the clam chowder! They also make really good granola! 3 locations in SLO and pismo is usually the most packed. The ones in downtown SLO have more manageable lines.

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“A must for SLO visit”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have been coming here for years - finally had to write a review. Smoked salmon pizza is unexpected surprise - perfect dish - would not change a thing. Smoked salmon salad - almost as good. Everything else is great. Nice locally roasted coffee, friendly staff, very good bread, it is as good for a reasonably priced place as you can hope for. Every time we come to SLO, we have at least one meal, most times two or three - it is addicting.

• Visited July 2013