“Nice casual lunch with variety”
Review of Eatz - CLOSED

Eatz
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Healthy
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I think I enjoyed this more than my wife - the "cafeteria line" didn't appeal, but I enjoyed the quick service and nice variety in salads and hot dishes. The plates were not small, but not generous either. Had a pizza sample, and that was good, but opted for a broiled meat and side salads. Good iced tea (a requirement for our lunches). So good choices, tasty, nice interior, good value in a self-serve atmosphere right downtown.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My taste buds collided here. I came here, tasted the chicken sandwich,...sorry but on a 1-10,I'd give it a 1.Right around the corner is Pluto's Restaurant, their Chicken Comet sandwich was yum-licious! I'd give the Chicken Comet an 8...AND reasonably priced.

2  Thank chewbac
EATZBYDEZIGN, Guest Relations Manager at Eatz, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you, we respect all opinions and reviews. While we're a fan of our Cold Fried Chicken sandwich, we know people have their favorites. We also like the Chicken Comet, too. Hopefully we'll get another chance to make a better impression. Have you had any of our most talked about menu items - Braised Beef sandwich ($8) or Tater Totz ($2)? Please come again to see us, and make sure to say hello. We're confident we can help you find one of our many fresh, house-made items that could become one of your new favorites.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am a local and have been to EVERY restaurant in downtown SLO. I heard about Eatz by Dezign though word of mouth. I finally got a chance to try it out on a Monday at about 3pm. It was after the lunch rush so there was plenty of seats. This restaurant was very clean and had good lighting throughout. I ordered the Chicken and Pesto Pizza which was large enough to share between two people. The pizza was very good, and loaded with toppings. Every bite was packed with flavor that was clean and healthy. My pizza was NOT greasy or messy. For desert I tried this pink little pie that was SO GOOD! The menu has many other options then pizza. The prices were not too expensive and I will be back again for lunch! This is now one of my top 5 places in SLO to eat. Good for couples, friends, family, business or by yourself!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been to Eatz twice since it's opened and have not been disappointed yet! The array of toppings they have for the "design your own pizza" are amazing! They have everything from roasted garlic & broccolini, to prosciutto and goat cheese and everything in between! Not only do they have pizzas that you can design, but they have some baked pasta items, mac & cheese and sandwiches (my husband loved his short rib sandwich)! There is definitely something for everyone, all 4 of our kids can find something good to eat! Also, don't miss the kale chips and the ooey gooey bar for dessert!!
The only reason why I am only giving it 4 stars is the lack of drinks, it's basically bottled sparkling water, plain water and bottled coke! Need a bit more variety! It's the perfect place before or after a movie! A bit expensive, but you are paying for the quality!