Tripadvisor
San Luis Obispo
Post
Inbox
Search

“An afternoon playing chess”
Review of Ascendo Coffee

Ascendo Coffee
Order Online
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a must stop every time my husband and I visit SLO. Not only do they make great Mochas, but also offer a space where you can enjoy quality time with others and squeeze in a game of chess or two.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were visiting SLO and stopped into Ascendo for coffee. Nice staff and terrific latte. Got to playing Bananagrams in the laptop free zone and had so much fun we went back again.

Date of visit: September 2019
4  Thank misopiso88
Reviewed October 9, 2019

Their coffee is good, but what I like best is the quiet and spaciousness of the store. If you want to read, study, work, or meet for business of pleasure, this is a good place to hang out. They take a long time to make the drinks, so you can hang out for awhile without feeling like you're taking up a seat. It gets busy when Cal Poly's in session, especially around mid-terms and finals, but the rest of the time you can always find a quiet spot. Baristas are friendly.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019

Cool and spacious surroundings. Very good coffee. Delightful people behind the counter. Gluten-free items to snack on. And a ‘no laptop section’ with real human beings who smile and talk.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 7, 2019

Wonderful coffee and coffee cakes. Also a very honest coffee shop. While visiting this coffee shop I left my wallet in their restroom, not realizing this I drove to Santa Barbara, over 100 miles before discovering I didn’t have it. I wasn’t able to contact them until the following day when they told me it had been found. Everything was in it. Thank you to the person who found it and to the coffee shop for letting me know..

Date of visit: March 2019