“One of the Worst Servers Ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #145 of 301 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
San Luis Obispo, California
“One of the Worst Servers Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped in for lunch today at CPK - it wasn't terribly busy which was surprising for the time of day (12:30). The hostess was quite pleasant and friendly - we were seated immediately. Our waitress PAYDEN took our drink order right after. When she returned she was ready to take our order - unfortunately, I hadn't made a decision yet. She returned after a brief moment and I said I needed a bit more time (my husband and I were chatting as we looked over the menus) -- to which PAYDEN replied, "Sure - take your time - I know it's a big decision and all." Then she laughed. The food arrived very quickly. My soup was room temperature. I asked my husband to taste it because I wasn't certain if they meant to serve this cold or hot but either way they missed the mark. When we asked if the soup could be reheated, poor over worked Payden looked as if we had asked for her first born. It wasn't difficult to read her lips when she brought it back to the kitchen staff.

Her behavior was unpleasant, unprofessional and immature. Our kids worked as servers back when they were in school and made incredible tips. Perhaps, Payden you can learn something here. Basic respect goes a long ways. Treat people in a decent manner and they won't leave you with a $.01 tip (along with a note about how bad your service was).

If you're Payden's supervisor and would like to speak with us - we'd welcome the opportunity.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank 1kdcali

Murray, Iowa
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ate here on a Thursday night while the Farmer's Market was going on in San Luis Obispo. It was busy because of the event but the wait staff was still very pleasant and attentive. I had a pasta dish that was excellent as well as the wine. My favorite part was dessert (of course) the Salted Caramel Pudding was the best! And it was served in a little mason jar which was a cute presentation. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“Reliable, consistent quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We often do lunches here, sometimes just the two of us, sometimes with grandkids, and it works well either way. Reliable CA Kitchen service and food. We like the salad options especially, and are working our way through that whole section of the menu. Good attentive service (seems to mostly be staffed by bright, energetic Cal Poly students) and are good on keeping the water and drinks refreshed. We bought the discount card at COSTCO and have been getting good value out of it. We'll be back in a week or two.

Visited June 2013