“Fun Quick Delicious Meal”
Review of Firestone Grill

Firestone Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Simi Valley, California
“Fun Quick Delicious Meal”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were at a college event and needed something quick and casual and this fit the bill. My husband had tri-tip and I had the chicken and the food was excellent for the value. The prices
were the same as fast food but far better. I loved the patio where you could sit outside and
enjoy the city.

• Visited May 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Get the Tri-Tip”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I came to SLO for a business trip and after our meetings, the locals took me to this restaurant for dinner. I could take or leave BBQ, but this place was amazing! I highly recommend the Tri-Tip Sandwhich.

Sunnyvale, California, United States
“Yumly tri tip!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good food and fun atmosphere ... liked the mix of college students and "adults". Tri-tip was almost as good as my own, and that's saying something. Portions were generous and prices very fair. Definitely will go back when I visit SLO again.

Visited April 2013
Santa Barb
“Best place in town to get a burger”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Every time my hubby and I are passing through on our way to my in-laws in San Luis Obispo, we have to stop downtown at Firestone Grill. The burgers are to die for! We really enjoy catching a football game there too during the season. Fast and friendly service. Neat atmosphere. Great value.

Arroyo Grande, California
“Tri-tip to Die For”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Firestone Grill is a popular staple for residents of San Luis Obispo and students and staff at the nearby Cal Poly University. It's primarily a raucous sports bar with multiple large-screen TVs lining the walls of the largest eating room. There is table service at the tables near the TVs but people who place their food and beverage orders at the cashier station also have a place to eat away from the noisy screens. Firestone Grill also has a large outdoor seating area that is very popular for most of the year due to SLO's awesome weather.

The range of food choices isn't particularly wide at this restaurant; it's mostly what you'd expect from a sport bar in a college town. But without a doubt, the top item they sell is a Tri-Tip Sandwich. When you place your order for it with the cashier you can specify rare meat, making it a rare treat indeed. The french fries are shoe-strings and they have a great, mild seasoning to them. Drinks are self-serve from a huge and very we'll stocked fountain machine. They must have 20 different options for beverages.

If you're in San Luis Obispo around mealtime, you could do a lot worse than stopping by the Firehouse Grill for a super sandwich.