“Top Notch Tri-tip Sandwich”
Review of Firestone Grill

Firestone Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Firestone Grill is a destination when people visit us. They love the tri-tip sandwich, which is really made from top block. Portions are large and the prices are fair. Seating can be a problem and the lines can get long.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We came here during the local university's "week of welcome", so the place was packed. We got a table, however (you seat yourself). Everyone at the table recommended and ordered the same thing: the tri-tip steak sandwich. Very minimal bbq sauce (which was welcomed very much!), tender, tasty, and left me wanting to order another if I could have! The fries were also very good--we ordere a bowl of them to share amongst the 5 of us. We each had a local beer to accompany the sandos, and the pairing was great. Sandwich, beer, and fries worked out to a little over $12/person--pretty good value in my book. I definitely recommend this spot, and for young people, it's ideally located in downtown SLO next to all of the university bars.

1  Thank DP M
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I were in CA for our honeymoon and we decided to stop here for lunch. We went there a little after 2 PM with the hopes that the lunch rush would be over. It was still very busy and it took a little while to get our food. What we got was amazing. Their pulled pork was hands down the best I have ever had! The meat was seasoned so well and so tender it didn't need any BBQ sauce. Once we put the BBQ sauce on it got even better. No wonder it was so busy, I would eat there every day if I could. The brisket and baked beans were excellent but the pulled pork was in a league of it's own. I've never experienced anything like it in PA.

1  Thank Traveler3781
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Firestone has great veggie burgers, fries and salads. My complaint is that most times I am hankering for Firestone the line is out the door and there is nowhere to sit. On the other hand, the food is undoubtedly very fresh! Go to Firestone, the food is delicious but try to go when you think no one else will be there and then the line will barely be out the door. Enjoy!

1  Thank Daisy T
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We quite enjoyed the speed and menu at this downtown SLO place. Tables outside were pleasant, and inside nice too. We had cheeseburger, then others had the chicken tacos and the fish tacos. The chicken taco was enormous, for only $3.99...great value.