“Great Japanese Fusion Food in Downtown San Luis Obispo”
Review of Raku - CLOSED

Raku
Cuisines: Japanese
Avila Beach
“Great Japanese Fusion Food in Downtown San Luis Obispo”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I recently returned from a trip to Japan and was trying to relive the culinary adventure. Raku is as close as you can get. The atmosphere is quiet, artistic, and organic. The music is soft, making this a great place to meet and talk with friends or family. I love the lunchtime bento box. My only suggestion, which I have made to Tony, the owner, is to add vegetables to the chicken bowl.

• Visited December 2012

“It wasn't hat we expected.”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The service was great the atmosphere is awesome. The Morro bay roll was not anything special. My sashimi was great and fresh. The spicy salad was not what we expected.
The heart attack was great, "jalapeño bombs. "

Average rating. Nothing wrong. Just not what we expected from our meals.

Pismo Beach, California
“Not impressed”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Went on a Friday after reading yelp's reviews. We went for a friends birthday lunch. Wait staff abandoned s and never checked on us after serving our final dish. I had to call another server and ask her to send our server back, after he came he never returned until the check. He told us he was doing something in the back and apologized. Food was mediocre. The handed us lunch and dinner menus then would not let me order the yakitori skewers for lunch. A reader on yelp indicates you have to order the yellow tail collar, so I did, was very disappointed, I though it would be sashimi and it was cooked fish, yuk! If the waiter had ever returned, I would have sent it back.

• Visited August 2012
“Light dinner at Raku”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Had a light dinner with my wife and our dog, BuddyBoy, at Raku. Ate in the front patio area. Started with a Japanese beer, Kirin. Ordered a umeboshi roll, ramen and some skewered eggplant, short ribs, and mushroom. My wife also ordered the grilled lobster roll. All the food was very good. The skewers are pricey for what you get, but tasty.
We enjoyed ourselves.

Santa Maria, California
“Nice decor, overpriced and terrible food”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Dropped in here on a rainy afternoon originally for sushi. Cool and hip decor and place was busy. We changed our minds and both ordered noodle bowls as they appear to be a specialty on the menu. We ordered tea but no water was offered. My husband gets his noodles and mine doesn't show up for another 20 minutes. Other diners appear to have the same situation with entrees arriving far apart. My noodles show up and they cooked improperly, had dried out meat and tasted Yucky. This is the first time I have ever sent food back. Waiter was polite, apologetic and took item off the bill. Husband describes his as "mediocre" at best but he was hungry. All the sushi dishes looked tired and unappetizing. I was bummed as there are so many good restaurants to pick from in downtown SLO.