“Awesome stay”

Granada Hotel and Bistro
Dublin, California
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Although this little gem is listed as a bed-and-breakfast it is not. Our stay at the Granada Hotel was wonderful. The room was extremely comfortable. Suite #12 had beautiful hard wood floors, exposed brick, mini balcony, a huge shower and was tastefully decorated. The service both in the hotel and in the Bistro was awesome. Private parking, great downtown location.. The Mission and all the shops are within a two block radius. Will definitely return here on our next trip to SLO.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at the Granada for the first time this past week. I can not say enough about this place, it is completely unique and has got to be one of the leading hotel I've stayed at. You are within walking distance of downtown, service was amazing. I dined at several nice restaurant over my stay and have to say, hands down the bistro on property is to die for. It has to be one of the best restauranta in SLO. Can not wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at the Granada Hotel last December and was completely smitten from the moment I arrived. A beautiful yet discreet destination, it's easy to miss even if you're looking for it. Everyone on staff was friendly and professional, an expert team. My room was large and so tastefully decorated that I kept forgetting I was in a hotel and not the guest bedroom of a wealthy friend! Oh and the shower... water pressure perfected. Located in the middle of downtown, you can walk everywhere. Should you want to do some exploring farther afield, however, the Granada has its own private parking lot, making it easy to slip down the back stairs and get on the highway, which is just a few blocks out of town. Stay. Here. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
san diego
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Myself, a friend a our two teenage daughters stayed here while attending a Cal Poly campus tour.
We loved the atmosphere and location right in the middle of town. The rooms are on the smaller side, and they only have one queen bed. We stayed in room 3 and 4 which had an adjoining balcony with a beautiful fireplace, perfect for a glass of wine in the evening or your morning coffee. I will stay here any time I visit the SLO area!

Room Tip: Room 3 and 4 with an adjoining balcony, if you travel with a friend or with your kids.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Fresno, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

After following all the articles and reviews about the Granada since it opened, and wanting to stay there since then, I finally got the opportunity 2 weeks ago. Everything about this place is about relaxed beauty, comfort, and meeting your needs. The decor is eclectic and colorful without being loud. I'd like them to come decorate my house because we have the same aesthetic sense! It's quiet and peaceful and when I went to my room I felt my blood pressure drop 20 points. My first visit and they upgraded me to a suite, which had a balcony overlooking the streets of SLO. Very French. My room, oh my. Every light fixture is unique and has dimmers so you can adjust the mood. I had a fireplace, wonderful! The shower and shower head, where can I get one of those?? The bath amenities were out of this world.. Bigelow peppermint and lavender bath products and wonderfully heavy bath towels. Turndown service at night, they leave you a handwritten note and a sprig of lavender with the lights down low. 2 types of bottled water are in each room and in the morning there is coffee and cream in the private upstairs lounge (think about including decaf?). I used that lounge a lot. I read quite a bit on the large purple velvet sofa, French doors open with a nice breeze coming in. I had dinner brought up one night and ate by the fire, French jazz playing quietly in the background. I did have dinner in the bistro/bar the next night and it was lively without being insane. While housekeeping does begin earlier than I would like, nobody is having any conversation that might disturb you. You might hear water running and doors opening and closing. They have even found the most silent vacuum cleaners on the planet.
Very professional housekeeping staff. Everyone I met who works there really loves their job... the people in the restaurant and Kayleigh, Kathleen, and Lisa who I met at various times at
the desk and around the hotel. It's a small, intimate boutique hotel and is now my new favorite. This place is perfect. I cannot wait to return! After my conversation with Lisa Carnes at checkout, it's going to be soon because I have got to try the ArtBar! This is the ultimate in cool luxe. Give it a go.

• Stayed January 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We took the train from Los Angeles to San Luis Obispo and walked 10 minutes to the Granada Hotel. From the moment we made our reservations to checking us out, the staff was helpful and there didn't appear to be anything the staff wouldn't do for us.

The rooms are wonderful. Even the least expensive rooms are comfortable, accessories perfect and I had the best sleep in months. There's a guest only lounge area and outdoor deck up stairs. Wine and food from the Bistro are a quick phone call away. What a relaxing way to spend the end of fun day.

Since we didn't have a car, the hotel's central location is perfect. Walk out the front door and you are at the Farmer's Market and a short walk to shops, restaurants and the historical district. The hotel even has bicycles for guests to use.

We had a fabulous stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a small room upstairs and it was wonderful. I did notice a room that has a patio with...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank OgoCinco
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This charming hotel in downtown SLO offers beautiful, artfully decorated and comfortable rooms at a good value. We stayed in room 17, which is ADA-compliant, so is larger than the other rooms in the inn, we were told. I managed to sneak a glimpse at a few other rooms and I can confirm that they are small. So keep in mind if you need a lot of space. Our room was private, but since we were one of the 2 rooms on the ground floor, we could hear footsteps in the rooms above us. Thankfully it was during the daytime, so wasn't an issue. But I think next time we go we'll try to reserve a room on the second floor. On the second floor, there is a lovely fireplace and indoor/outdoor space that is for guests only, and when the bar's open, you can get drink service up there! The hotel also offers guests the use of bicycles, which made it super fun and easy to explore the town. The extremely hipster restaurant does not take reservations - except for hotel guests, so that's an extra perk too. The food was very good, and it seemed like the hot spot in town. Many beautiful people. We will be back.

Room Tip: The 2 ground floor rooms (16 and 17) are in back, away from street, but face the parking lot and are...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple