“Good old fashion fun”

Sunset Drive-In Theatre
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I love the non commercialized aspects of this swap. There isn't a lot of dealers asking store prices but more of the average person trying to make a buck. What I do find is many dealers buying for their stores so get there early for the best stuff. One mans trash is another's treasures. Good ole fashion swap meet experience.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I live going to see movies here! It's relatively inexpensive and takes you back to the classic drive-ins that are becoming way too rare.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were open-minded about the swap meet, but after paying $1 each to get in, we were disappointed and depressed - it's just a lot of junk piled up on the ground, for the most park. Some of the produce places looked good, and the quesadilla vendor looked like they were cranking out some good food, but the stuff for sale was not worth checking out.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have been living in the US for almost five years. Prior to coming here, I would always hear of and see drive-in movie theaters on TV. So when I saw that this place was in SLO, when we visited over the Thanksgiving weekend, it was a must-see.

We actually went on Thanksgiving Day evening. It was only thanks to reading the Tripadvisor reviews that we knew we get to go see both movies for one price! Was such a a bargain. I think we paid $8 each. The sound quality over FM was surprisingly good (didn't have high expectations for a drive-in theater).

The second film we saw was pretty lame (Thor 2),but I do not hold that against the Sunset Drive-In Theater. :-)

If you are in town and have never had a drive-in movie theater experience, I definitely recommend it.

1  Thank TheGreatAmio
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had a great time at Sunset. Unfortunately both of the movies were a bit awful, but I guess you're at the mercy of the scheduler for any Drive-in.