“Love it!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
El segundo
“Love it!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on our drive to Northern California. The tri-tip was excellent and the BBQ sauce was great too. Fries could be a little crispier but overall..all great meal.

Visited December 2013

Berkeley
“It's the Tri-Tips!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Yup It's the Tri-tip sandwich. SLO is known for Tri-tip BBQ and this place is probably the best. Don't miss the beans
We drove around it twice before we found it. Keep looking. It's sort of around the side.
Not a white table cloth restaurant for sure, food on a paper plate on a picnic table on a patio. It is what it is. You are there for the sandwich.

• Visited June 2013
Fresno, California
“We've Found BBQ”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Well, this was a splurge - and we LOVED it! When we're in SLO again, we will be back. Excellent BBQ - and we've tried several in the area. (We both switched to vegetarian for health reasons a number of years ago - so . . you can see this was a real splurge - it was well worth it!)

I wasn't feeling great, and my husband went to get our meal while I stayed in our room. We had decided what we wanted from the website (which could use some improving, but . . their food was WONDERFUL.)

I had originally suggested getting one meal and sharing it - He wanted his won, so . .we got two meals and also a milk shake since people shared that they were the "real" thing!

We both had chicken BBQ dinners - and we could have easily shared one meal!!!! While my husband said that sharing one would have worked well (read:enforced portion control), he managed to get most of his meal down! On my goodness - sooo good and sooo filling. Yes, the shakes were great. I can't remember when the last time was that I had one - and this fit the bill perfectly.

I wasn't a fan of the beans, but . . .personal preference. Be sure to ask for extra BBQ sauce on the side -

The cafe itself isn't anything to write home about - you can eat outside, which would be nice. We are glad we enjoyed the meal in our room.

I think if when we're in the area again we'd see if we could call in our order and pick it up.

• Visited April 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
“First taste of San Luis Obispo Tri-tip sandwhich”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My hubby and I were visiting San Luis Obispo, CA where he went to college. I guess this area is famous for a tri-tip sanwhich. Old San Luis BBQ was our first restaurant stop in the city and it was amazing! It's really so simple - meat, bread and sauce. Make sure to order it on a french roll with BBQ sauce for the most delicious and addictive meal!

• Visited May 2013
Atascadero, California
“Quick, Simple, Excellent”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the best tri-tip around! I have been addicted to tri-tip since I moved to the Central Coast 34 years ago. The salsa is a perfect match and the sourdough rolls are the best this side of Boudin's in San Francisco. The tri-tip is always done to a perfect and very moist "medium". It has never been dry.

Their salads look great, but I have not tried one yet. I am too busy eating tri-tip at every visit. Because I do not live or work in town, I have taken to timing my business in SLO to insure lunch here as often as possible.

This is a very new start-up with very young owners. Jamba Juice started as Juice Club right here the same way. I hope these folks do as well and I hope they keep their local feel.

• Visited February 2013