“We Love This Place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Cupertino, CA
“We Love This Place!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Every time we visit SLO we go to Big Sky. And every time we feel welcomed, we're served delicious farm to table food that is tasty and nourishing. Delicious and fresh, appropriately priced, served by friendly people who care... THIS is what a great restaurant is all about.

We go there for breakfast and really need to try it for dinner as they have an enticing wall of wine ready to be explored.

I can't say ANYTHING bad about this place except its too far away for us to go here all the time, which we would do if we lived closer. Hats off to the owner Charles and the great wait staff and cooks for serving up great food that shows passion and creativity.

Okay, I will say one thing: Stupid SLO is charging for parking even on Sundays (heathens!) ,and there cops walking around handing out tickets all over the place, so feed the stupid meter or your meal will be unexpectedly expensive.

Want an example about how good the service is? We asked the waitress about a shop we had seen advertised. She sends over the owner, who ends up getting a map and showing us where it is and telling us how to get there. He didn't have to do that, he did it because he cares, and there is far too little of this kind of customer service in this day and age.

WE LOVE BIG SKY CAFE!!!

Camarillo, California
“A great start to our vacation...”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My spouse and I stopped here on the first day of June for lunch en route to San Francisco. We are glad we did. We were seated promptly (it was around 1:00/1:30pm, so there were still several people there, but the lunch crowd had clearly thinned). My better half had the Grilled Cheese, Eggplant & Chipotle Sandwich with the chicken breast added with a side of the house salad; I had Big Sky's version of a Banh Mi (no onions) with a side of the sweet potato fries. All items were very well done--the salad was full of beets and pecans, the fries were a perfect combination of crisp and soft, and both sandwiches were very flavorful and very filling (my wife saved half of her sandwich for later, and it was still pretty good after three hours in the car driving up the PCH). Our server kept our bottle of still water full, which I always appreciate, and was otherwise pleasant and fast (what more does one need?).

Tip included, we spent around $33 for a fine lunch for two, and were quite happy with the experience. We will definitely return for another meal when we're near SLO. If we could rate this a "4.5" (just shy of excellent, but very, very good), we would.

Fullerton, California
“Love the vibe, food is creative and varied”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice variety of dishes and cuisines represented. He had pork loin with a wonderful apple-cherry compote on top, the requisite mashed potatoes. We both had the Tuscan bean soup--good, not great. I had the crusted goat cheese arugula salad, with yummy toasted hazelnuts, cubes of roasted squash, rounds of toasted sourdough on which to spread the cheese. It was listed as an appetizer but had it as my main and it was rich and filling--actually had enough for lunch the next day. There are a TON of vegetarian options here and enough variety that even a large party could eat all over the culinary map.

Fresno, California
“Hmmmm”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Hmmmm - 3 or 4 stars. I think for the food it is 4 and the service is 3 stars. There for dinner.

Their menu does have a huge variety of offerings - for the vegetarian, "regular" diner, and really for about anyone. I found several things that sounded good to me. I had a vegetarian sandwich of some time - something with portabella mushroom and egg plant. (I don't remember right now - it was in April). I do remember that it was very good and my husband enjoyed his healthy vegetarian entree. We thought that the sweet potato fries were OK - not super as another person said - each person has his/her own taste.

The server was pleasant, but . . even in sharing w/her that I was a water drinker, my glass was often empty and I had to try to catch her eye for a refill.

We didn't have reservations but were seated in a reasonable amt. of time; as the evening went on, it became very full!

We'll be back -

• Visited April 2013
Benicia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Central Coast Eatery”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We've been going to Big Sky since our son was at Cal Poly -- and keep going back! The food is fresh and delicious, making a point to use local produce and wine. We have never had a bad meal there, it is always difficult to choose. Some favorites are the Ancho Glazed Salmon, Roasted Eggplant Lasagna, Pozole, and of course, their corn muffins! There is always a crowd, but the food is well-worth the wait.

• Visited April 2013