“Great food”
Review of Big Sky Cafe

Big Sky Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Sky Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stopped in for dinner and the restaurant was bustling. The say they have "Fresh Market Cuisine" which was evident by the varied and tasty menu. You could either have a salad ( I had the BLT Chopped Salad with Maytag Blue Cheese...delicious) or a full dinner entree from the fresh fish of the day to braised lamb shank or roasted eggplant & 3 cheese lasagne. There is something for every appetite.

Casual yet with a lively and fun vibe. They serve over 20 local wines by the glass and I had Tempranillo '06 from Paso Robles suggested by my server that was excellent.

We enjoyed Big Sky so much that we went back for breakfast the next morning for omelets ( Greek spinach, feta, mushroom and tomato served with fruit). Delicious and filling. The morning crowd were mostly locals that seemed to be there often..Friendly servers and good food. What is better than that!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurnat has always been ahead of its time with being different than others in the quality and diversity of food. Breakfast, lunch or dinner it is unusual to be able to reccomend a place thru out the day.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are known to eat at Big Sky every morning while we are in town. That can be as many as 8 mornings in a row. We never get tired of Big Sky. It is always fresh, delicious, and very friendly. The fruit cups are unlike anything I've been served elsewhere. Great variety and again, super fresh.
They have a daily jam that is always delicious and creative. I've had combinations I never thought of and absolutely loved them.
Coffee is hot and fresh too!
Parking can be an issue if you forget quarters. So just don't forget a handful of quarters for the meters and you'll be fine!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited this restaurant last year and it was so busy we had to wait for at least 40 minutes. This time we didn't wait at all. This was a Sunday night. The restaurant is warm and friendly. You feel like you are outside. Large windows appear like an overhead door to the outdoors. The food is eclectic and very good. I had eggplant lasagna and it was so very good. They have many different beers and wines available. Our server wasn't the greatest, but that happens from time to time.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've had the luck and pleasure of visiting this restaurant on 2 separate trips to the SLO area. I prefer going to this restaurant for lunch or brunch, but find their menu is exquisite and varietal for all meal times. If you are not used to eating organic / direct from the farm foods, the food can test your system, as my fiance can attest to. That said, it is one of the better healthier choices in the area, with options for just about everyone. If anything, you must try out their table bread selection - it is delicious.