“WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FIND THIS PLACE!”
Review of Big Sky Cafe

Big Sky Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

On my way up to the Bay area with my daughter, we decided to stop at Big Sky after learning our go-to place in Templeton was temporarily closed. We were so happy we did! Very attractive place, rustic and warm. Service was great. We were drooling over the buttermilk-ginger coffee cake that was served to us before we even ordered. It was sublime! Our eggs were perfect as was the thick-cut bacon. Can't wait to return!!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were traveling from San Francisco to Los Angeles down 101 and San Luis Obispo is our usually lunch spot--great town to get out and stretch and walk around, with a lot of great restaurants. This trip, we chose Big Sky Cafe and we were not disappointed. Sweet vibe and the menu was completely intriguing--hard to narrow down our choices. Hubby went with the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Salad--yeah, he was hooked at the thought of fried chicken and the salad part of it justified to him that this was health food. He wouldn't share he was so hooked on it. I had the Winter Vegetable Pot Pie with a Cheddar Cheese crust and it came with a side of kale salad. Wow! Usually a pot pie is a lot of caloric sauce with a few veggies floating in it--not this! Chock full of veggies and mushrooms that were fresh, al dente, not soggy or frozen, the crust was a delight and the kale salad was so yummy. This place is also open for breakfast and dinner and we will return.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Food this last trip was so so and our service was terrible. It wasn't crowded and employees were standing around yet my latte took so long my meal was done by the time they got around to making it. Waiter was less than on top of it. Food was okay. Last 2 times we had great food and decent service. Maybe it was just the day...

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Everyone who has ever visited always returns to see if the food is still good. It is.
The special today was shrimp poo boy sandwich. Very good and filling.
Over the past 15 years or so, everything we have tried has been very good.
You can usually find parking a few blocks away on one of the side street. No big deal.
Enjoy your visit.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Everytime I come to the San Luis Obispo area I have to eat here, the food is that good. Recently I stayed in Morro Bay for a week, but I drove to San Luis twice to eat here. As with anything downtown, the parking is a challenge. Once you get here it's quite possible you may have to put your name on the wait list. But it's worth it. I am a vegetarian and they have a variety of wonderful options for me. I recently had a take off on a Vietnamese bunh mi. Excellent! My friend loves the Gumbo Ya Ya, ordered it twice.