Villa Motel
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$159
$234
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
$109
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$158
$209
Hampton.com
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
$179
$174
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$179
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

$189
$215
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$209
All reviewscal polywalls are thinnice showercomfortable roomconvenient locationrefrigerator and microwaveroad tripgood sizeminute walkpleasant staydefinitely stay here againslodowntownratescarpetaccommodationsfurnishings
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Friends I had visiting me in Slo from out of town booked a room here for one night . I tagged along with them upon arriving to the motel and we encountered what had to have been THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! Firstly, one of my friends went into the front office and no one was to be found. He rang the bell several times until this little liver-spotted man/troll hobbled over with a thick (what sounded like) polish accent, disgusting teeth and an even worse personality! My friend tried swiping his card, but the man's card machine didn't work, so he rudely insisted that we pay cash on the spot. After the transaction, the man gave him a key to the wrong room with only one bed, when they had booked a room with two beds. My friend went back and complained. The man actually told my friend that HE was wrong and that they only needed one bed when seeing that our other friend was a woman. My friend argued and finally the man gave him the right room. My friends put their luggage into what seemed a clean and large room. While I was sitting in the car, the old man comes close to the window, sees me, then confronts my friends, asking why there is a 3rd person. Apparently if you have two beds, you are only allowed two people!!! We were all extremely uncomfortable by his creepy accusatory manner. Finally, in the morning before check out, I visited my friends in their room, only to look out the window and see the man pacing back and forth outside their room, with his ear almost against the door. He was actually trying to spy on them to see if I had REALLY stayed there. We came out and the man ran up to my friend and told him that he had lied about just two people staying there! he kept repeating, "You lie." We were all very angry and I friend handed the key at him and thanked him for the "excellent" customer service. And to top it all off, as we were pulling away, the man threw open the door to our room and actually began searching it! Like he was going to find some kind of "evidence" that there were three people. That little motel troll was horribly rude and I would only stay there again to ruin his day. Maybe next time we will have 10 people come marching out of the room to see one of his sickly liver spots pop. That motel was SO BAD I signed up with TripAdvisor JUST to write this review. So unless you just love to be called a liar by a rude little motel troll, DO NOT STAY HERE. EVER.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Meeshellunderground
Reviewed November 14, 2010

This was a VERY basic motel on the outskirts of downtown SLO. It was clean, and it was a place to stay. But if you're for any amenities, this is not it. It had a bed, which was fine. The pillow was flat. The room had a little fridge and microwave which was convenient for us to eat our leftovers.

There was a great gallery cafe just a block away and the monterey wine shop a few blocks away.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

A very friendly man at the reception who will take trouble to make your stay comfortable. A large room although not too clean. But it's a motel at a motel price. It's easy to find as you leave the highway. Cheap trolleys take you downtown in minutes : A charming small town with a beautiful Mission.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2010

The good: Spaceous, clean rooms. Good location: near Hwy101 and near downtown SLO.

The bad: Thin walls, internet didn't work.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This is an older property. It's a plain vanilla motel. But they get the basics right. The property is kept up. The room was very clean and the bed (room 10) was comfortable. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple