“Great for a night”
Review of Villa Motel

Villa Motel
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Got a $50 room on price line. A bit dated but very clean and the trolley stop is very close. Checkin was a breeze and the owner very nice. A good micro brewery is a block up. Perfect for my wife and I to enjoy downtown so for a night.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomnsara1
There are newer reviews for Villa Motel

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 1am and I felt so bad, we had to wake up the assistant at the front desk. He was very kind a d courteous, and sleepy. The room itself wasn't the most esthetic, but very clean and functional. I'm not that picky, so maybe that's why it did t read bother me. There just some cracks on the walls. The beds were fine and I would stay there again, if for nothing else, for the great customer service.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MBbrandt
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room was quite dated, and noisy. The wall shook every time someone's door closed within a hundred feet of your room. The $50 price tag is in line with what you get....and nothing more. The biggest upside to this place is there are several decent restaurants within a two minute walk. There are other, nicer options in that immediate area - it might be worth looking there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank thedesertdiaperking
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were greeted late evening by a very pleasant woman who showed us a cozy room and offered a good price. Nice to be taken care of! Enjoyed the small feel of the place and the quiet neighbors. Matched the town of San Luis Obispo.
Could be a bit touched up inside the rooms for perfectionists, but totally adequate and clean.
Thank you for a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HazelDell
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Really good place for stayovers! Nice experience. Would recommend to others. Rooms are clean and hygienic.
Service was good. The kid working on the desk showed me the way to downtown and recommended some good restaurants. Talked to him for a while and he was really friendly.

Nice experience! Will be back.

Room Tip: The room was good for the price paid. The teenager working at the front desk was helpful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Anonymous A
Reviewed August 11, 2012

They have a teenager kid as manager and this rude guy never know how to behave and talk with customers. I stayed there twice because everywhere else it was full. What they mentioned on website about their office hours is a lie. I checked in at 10.30 pm when office was closed and after a few minutes of bell hitting a kid opened door and he was so sad since i wake him up. He almost shut door on my face. Also I went to office at 8.30 am to get a towel and office was close. I tried ringing bell and they never opened it. It happened with me twice. I was so sad!
I went there again, at 10 am to drop the keys off and surprised to see a sign on the door 'manager will be back in 10 min'. I waited for 20 minutes and no one came. I was simply waiting to express my disappointment but I couldn't able to meet anyone. I never saw such signs any of other motels I have ever stayed.
Their prices are way higher than a their neighours and that's why they always have rooms available. Rooms are not bad but not worth money they charge. I just hate the service and I decided not to return again in this motel. I

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Celesteins
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Small motel undergoing exterior renovation in December 2011. Rooms are large with open beam high ceilings. Our room had a new shower with lots of hot water. 19 inch basic TV. Wall heater worked well. Much better than one of the largest chain motels we stayed in the night before in Carpenteria. Room was clean. Manager friendly. Good location close to downtown. Paid $49 booking online.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple