San Luis Obispo Children's Museum
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great place for younger children

Reviewed August 10, 2018
CentralCoastDiverSLO
San Luis Obispo, California
via mobile
Great for toddlers and younger kids

Reviewed June 11, 2018
latindrummer2112
Visalia, California

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around San Luis Obispo
from $89.00
More Info
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews third floor three floors interactive place great kids year olds young ones kids love spend an afternoon play exhibits grandkids fun blast downtown
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

There are not many places in downtown that you can let your children explore however this is one of them. Depending on time of day and week, parking could be a problem. Walking in the area is much better now with good sidewalks so that’s great. Museum is well worth a couple hours

Reviewed June 11, 2018

This was our first visit to this museum and I'm happy to say that it has some great things to offer. However, I would say that it's geared more toward little ones under 6. Older children may not be as engaged by the exhibits and activities. It's three floors of things to see and do, however I felt that floor space was lacking and the entire third floor is devoted to 4 year olds and younger (a toddleresque train theme room). Great location and easily accessible.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We love this. Five years ago it would have been wineries. How is children museums. And I love this one. Very accessible downtown walking District with lots of cute little places to eat surrounding the museum as well.

We have gone three times already.

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Our grand kids like going here, it’s interactive but the equipment is becoming very worn, some exhibits no longer work and renovation and renewal is long overdue.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

The Children's Museum is a wonderful, interactive place where you can play with your young ones, or watch them play - whatever your preference. I wish they had more seating for adults, as seating is limited and sometimes kids do not want us in the middle of things and that is okay. But other than that, this place is just cool! Kids love it, and so do adults. The floors are divided basically by age groups. One issue I have had is with the low ceiling on the very top floor, I have seen many people bonk their head on the low ceiling, so be cautioned. But the top floor is also my favorite! This isn't particularly the favorite place of teenagers, parents should take note of that.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Took my 4 & 6 year old grandchildren, along with their parents. So many educational and fun activities for young children. Our first visit, but we will return.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

My rating is based on the reaction of my wife's young children. They love this place! After we left following our first visit, we walked to a nearby restaurant only to have her youngest child break away from us and run back into the museum and resume his playing. There are three floors of fun available. We've been back several times.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

me&5 yr old loved it. nice location.little elevator, so much action, hands on things to do, music, art, it has so much. outdoor play, water feature, trikes, etc. its a blast.

Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed this museum. It had exhibits I have not seen in other children"s museum. Lots of activities to keep the kids busy and learning. Be prepared to interact with your child not just be an observer.

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

This place has some awesome exhibits and they're always creating more. The staff are very nice and very hospitable and are willing to explain things and show you how to use them.

Great prices too!