“Best Farmers Market in central coast California!”
Review of Farmers Market

Farmers Market
More attraction details
Owner description: Every Thursday night through out the year, the city hosts a delightful outdoor market/festival where local farmers sell the freshest fruits, vegetables and produce while local musicians and performers entertain the crowds.
Lemoore, CA 93245
3 attraction reviews
“Best Farmers Market in central coast California!”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Any chance I get I go to the San Luis Obispo Farmers Market and the Paso Robles Farmers Market, along with the Mid-State Fair, and everything that goes on in those two great cities. Third Annual Vintage Sidecar Rally is April 24 and guess where I'll be that weekend? Enjoying San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and anything withing 50 miles of those two great cities in the central coastal area of California. Whatever you like to do at the coast, San Luis Obispo is in the heart of it all. I have gone as far north as Washington and as far south as San Diego and started in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles for the past 35 years of my married life, widowed life, and 25 years of my single life with my mom, dad, and little brother. I am 60 years young, a motorcycle mama, step-mother to 7 and their significant others, step-grandma to 15 grandchildren, and step-great-grandma to 4 great-grandchildren. I have a 27 year old angel in heaven, a 25 year old son and my baby is a 23 year old son. I am no ready for my sons to lend me some grandchildren to spoil and send home, be a free babysitter if my sons want to go the the mid-state fair without their babies or take me along and I will babysit in the mid-state area for free. It's a family tradition for the past 55 years of my life.

Orange County, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an evening, but can be a bit crowded”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

The reviews were right on, McClintock's is THE place to eat at the Farmers Market. We arrived a few minutes to six, and already the line was stretching a block away. For a mere $24 and a 20 minute wait, we were rewarded with a large tri tip sandwich, 6 ginormous pork ribs, beans, a grilled artichoke with chipotle aoli, grilled corn, drinks and a piece of garlic bread that was 1/4 of a loaf of french bread. Everything received rave reviews except the artichoke, which tasted oddly like plastic?? I am sure we will find ourselves craving McClintock's again once we return to OC. There were many other places to eat as well that were also reasonably priced, but I am glad we chose McClintock's. I have to say though, I think charging $6 for an average-sized strawberry shortcake as one vendor did might be pushing it a bit.

We sampled (and purchased) some unique cider and grape juice blends while there, and the fruits were fresh-picked and very reasonbly priced. The asian pear juice tasted just like and asian pear minus the texture.

It became extremely crowded around 7 pm to the point where it was a little overwhelming so my suggestion is to arrive early. The downside is that the live music didn't begin until after 6:30 so depending on how long you are there you may not get to enjoy it to the fullest. Parking was a breeze with a short 3 block walk, and true to what I read, the people watching was just as enjoyable as the food.

2 Thank onepickytraveler
Essex
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Farmers Market SLO”
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Lived in SLO 15 years ago. My friends and i loved the Farmers Market. We would then hit McCarthys Irish bar for a Whiskey Sour. SLO is the most beautiful town in California.

1 Thank JasperEssex
Los Osos, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best part of SLO!”
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I've lived here my whole life, and I still have wonderful memories spent at this beautiful farmer's market. It's a very festive atmosphere, and where I spend every Thursday night. There's food for everyone: even me, and I'm a picky vegetarian. Usually I stop by the Golden China booth and grab some egg rolls, get some garlic bread from McClintock's, then finish with strawberries from a local farmer. :D

2 Thank Kristinalynn8
Nashville, Tennessee
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“What a delight for people of all ages!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2007

The Thursday night Farmers Market is a wonderful experience that should become a destination in itself. A superb selection of local produce at reasonable prices, local food, live music, along with dozens of shops make for an unforgettable evening. If you're passing through or staying the night in SLO, you simply must go and enjoy this inexpensive delight.

3 Thank DavidLou