“Happy with Hampton Inns”

Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great rooms, staff, and service. We were there for a water polo tournament and book 15 rooms. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and quiet. I did not hear a simple complaint from any of our parents or players. The best part of the stay is complimentary breakfast. I can't express how much easier a trip is when you can feed the family or team with no additional cost or loss of time. I look forward to staying at the San Luis Obispo location again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Douglas W
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your great comments about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo. We are so happy that your group had a great time. We look foward in serving your group again the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We weren't disappointed at our stay here. Everything is within our expectation. It's very clean. It has fridge. Very happy to stay here. We went down to have our breakfast quite late and the food was gone fast as it was holiday weekend. I heard that it was full the night we checked in. Will definitely come back here again whenever we are near the central California beach again.

Room Tip: We stay at 3rd level and it was a great stay
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clairey_world
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your great comments about your last stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites. It's great to hear that your stay was a success. We love to hear feedback from our guest. We take great pride in serving our guest and make them feel like they are at home.
We look forward in seeing you the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Outstanding hotel and staff. Great location. Walking distance to shopping centers. Few miles from town. Only negative comment. First night. People above me let their kids run from one end of the room to the other and jump off the beds. Extremely rude. Brought to hotel staff's attention. Matter was resolved.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregory C
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments about your last stay with us. I'm so sorry for the noisy children above you. I am glad that the staff had taken care of the issue during your stay.
We look forward in seeing you again the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Enjoyed our first time staying in a Hapmton Inn & Suites. San Luis Obispo, CA location hotel was fairly new. The only semi complaint would be to make the beds more soft as they are pretty hard to sleep on. The towels could be a little thicker and if possible, improve on the hot omelets so that they don't taste like it was from a frozen package and heated up. Rooms where very clean, linens clean, quiet rooms mostly on top 4th floor so you don't have anyone walking over you like we did our first night stay of 6 nights when we were on the 2nd floor. We didn't hear much traffic even having a room facing highway.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kris W

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obipso. We take our guest comments very seriously and have a strong commitment to our customers and take pride in doing our utmost best for every person we encounter.
We look forward in serving you again the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

As a hilton honors diamond member I expect a high level of service. I had booked a 3 night points stay. Delayed due to a monsoon. Called to say I would arrive by noon the following day. Did not ask, nor did I expect a refund on points but did expect my room would be ready upon arrival. Was told there was no reservation for me when I arrived and had to argue with management for 15 mins before was given a room. They said there were no notes that I had called. Room was not serviced at all on July 5th. Flight delay for my outbound flight. Called to ask for late checkout until 4pm (flight at 7pm) was told could extend to 2pm but not later than that without a full one night charge. Called hilton honors desk and was granted extension until 3pm. I was so upset filed a complaint with the honors desk. If you are an honors member it means nothing to the people running this hotel. I do not recommend.

Room Tip: This property is right off the 101. Rooms very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank slgiberson
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear guest, I am sorry that you had issues and concerns during your stay with us. We have a strong commitment to our customers and take pride in doing our utmost best for every person we encounter.
We hope your will give us another try the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I am a local in San Luis obispo and stayed in this hotel while I was moving. The hotel is one of the newest hotels in the area and it provides quality and great service.
Slo has many hotels around the area but the Hampton provides a great experience and rate.
Rooms are clean and are pretty new.
The staff is very helpful and friendly.
This hotel is next to the freeway, as many hotels in the area are. The freeway noise dies at night and it's not a disturbance, unless you are just picky and stupid enough to realize most hotels will have rooms facing the freeway or a Main Street and no hotel will have sound proof windows in all of San Luis.
The hotels breakfast is typical for Hampton inns and it's of great value for families specially.
Definately a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear loyal Hampton Inn guest, thank you for your great comment about your last stay with us at the Hampton Inn & suites San Luis Obispo, Ca. We are so glad you had a great stay.
My staff and I would like to thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites and we look forward in servicing you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I came for a two night stay, for a wedding in nearby Pismo Beach and stayed another day because of things I wanted to see nearby - changing hotels can be a drag. I am a Hilton Honors member.
This is a standard three star generic hotel which does not live up to its claims - "duvets and bedcovers are washed fresh for your stay". Our duvet had hair over it and parts of the floor were not vacuumed.
When we returned to the room at 3:30pm, it still was not made up. One waste paper basket in the room stayed overflowing throughout our stay.
People in charge of breakfast DO refill as quick as possible, but the eating area is left to the guests having to clean their tables before using them.
Overall ok but will give this one a pass next time in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Satish_M_12435
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear guest,
I apologize for the condition of the room during your recent stay with us. I have spoken with our room supervisor so we can immediately address these issues and provide a better guest experience for our guests. We have a strong commitment to our customers and take pride in doing our utmost best for every person we encounter.
We hope to see you the next time your are in the San Luis Obispo area.