“Family road trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed July 3, 2014

An excellent hotel we used on our road trip down California 1. Welcoming receptionist, very comfortable rooms and well priced. The fitness room was a bonus.
Road noise during night prevented an excellent score

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tony P
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear guest, we are so glad your trip was a success. We realize there are many choices of hotels out there and we appreciate that you had chosen the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo. Ca.
We look forward in seeing you the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently returned from a business trip to San Luis Obispo where I stayed 6 nights at the Hampton Inn & Suites. The hotel was conveniently located off the highway, was close to downtown as well as the airport (in a vehicle).

I stayed in room 426, which was a spacious king suite on the top floor. The room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable.

The breakfast was your typical complimentary breakfast with cold cereal, yogurt, cold boiled eggs, fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, scrambled eggs, omelettes and a waffle maker. There was also the option of a "to go" breakfast bag containing a bottle of water, an apple, a granola bar and a muffin, which I liked.

The staff were friendly and most evenings after our meetings there were fresh baked cookies in the lobby (which were very tasty)!

My only complaint was with regards to receiving incoming calls to the room. 3 of the 6 nights I was there, I was not able to receive calls to my room. I'm not sure if the front counter staff were on break or were busy, however I think it would be important for a hotel chain to keep their guests in touch with family members trying to reach them.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear loyal guest, thank you for your great comments about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, CA. I do want to applogize also about the missed phone calls during your stay. We have a strong commitment to our customers and take pride in doing our utmost best for every person we encounter.

The staff and I want to thank you again for staying with the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo. We hope you will return to see us soon. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

While we love staying at Hampton's for the fresh waffles and breakfast, the price for this location (outside of SLO) was high. We found out later the embassy suites located less than a mile away was less than $20 more and you get a suite there. I'm sure your wondering why we stayed there for this price, its because there was a big car show in town and the pismo beach hotels were $100 more. as mentioned, we like hampton's BECAUSE of the value you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear guest, that you for your response about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo Ca. We are certainly glad you choice us at your hotel of choice. We are very competitive on our rate with all of our sister properties. Rates are price sensiive during high demand occupancy. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward in serving you in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and I have never experienced a sense of lack of safety before. On the day we are to check out someone from housekeeping tries to open our door at 8:45am. No knock, nothing. Good thing I had the door bracket on which prevented the door from fully opening. I rush to the door and peek out and see some lady rushing down the hall. I have kids the room, this is not good. I call and speak to the general manager and he tells me it must be housekeeping. But I get NO follow up from him. Nothing....as a Hilton gold member and Hilton grand vacation owner, I at least expect a call back explaining what happened. I have to assume that the safety of their guests at this establishment is not a priority.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gkumamoto
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear guest,
I would like to let you know the reason I did not contact you right away is because you had said your family was sleeping and I did not want to awake you once again. I was hoping to reach out to you when you checked out to let you know that I had comped your room for you for your inconvenience.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The hotel was booked solid for the entire weekend, yet you never felt that there was anyone staying there. Staff handled the guests very well. Breakfast was well stocked. The best part was across the street in the pasture horses were grazing with their colts-What a View!!! Even though the hotel is close to HWY 101, you never heard any freeway noise. Sound proofing. Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, CA. We are so happy that your stay with us was a success. Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Hampton in San Luis Obispo is an excellent hotel for a visit to the area. It is extremely clean & well-maintained. The rooms are very comfortable, the Wifi works very well, and the free breakfast is excellent. Combined with the friendly staff, it is a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear guest, that you for your great comments about your last stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo,CA. We are so glad your stay was a success. We know you have many choices when choosing a hotel and thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites.
We look forward in serving you the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were in town to tour CalPoly. This hotel was a short drive from the campus. The staff was very friendly, helped in picking good restaurants, and the rooms were very clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for great comments during your last stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo. We are so glad you had a great stay with us. We love to hear comments from our guest so that we can continue to improve.
We look forward to see again the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo Area.