Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$139
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
$85
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
$169
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$179
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$125
$134
Agoda.com
$204
$195
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$209
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolgreat hotelwhole foodsclean hotelbathroom dooroatmealpismo beachfree breakfastcal polybreakfast areahot breakfastpaso roblesbusiness tripfitness centermorro baytop floor
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is generally my go-to Hotel when I'm in the San Luis Obispo area. The room rates are competitive for its rating. I usually have no complaints to report during my stay...but upon arriving at my room during check-in of my last stay, the bathroom smelled musty, and the shower had a slight smell of urine…opening the shower door and running the exhaust fan seemed to clear the problem(s). After a late evening return on the last day of my stay, Housekeeping had neglected to empty a FULL wastebasket...wastebasket's are Housekeeping 101, but being that I was checking out in the morning, this was only a minor annoyance. During my check-out, the one Front Desk Staff was on the phone with a reservation or former guest, so rather than wait out the call; I elected not to address the issues until now.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate the feedback we receive from our guest. I apologize that you had some concerns about your last stay with us. I have spoken with our housekeeping supervisor and we will immediately take the appropriate action.
Once again thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo and we hope we can serve you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

What started out as a fiasco, was turned around by the young manager Josh:))) this is a very nice hotel to stay in with great beds and breakfast! We have stayed at this hotel previously and we drove many miles to come back to this particular Hampton Inn:-)

Room Tip: Get a room away from Hiway for better sleep!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Carole3218
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Loyal Guest,
We love to hear stories like yours. We know that there are many choices when choosing a hotel. We take pride in treating our guest like family and they will continue to come back again like your story tells. We look forward in seeing you again the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked this hotel because we were attending a wedding in San Lois Obispo. We found the hotel to be a good value for the price. Our room was very clean and the lobby also. Our room had some noise issues, but I think that was because of the location. Easy access parking and includes breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank David B

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, Ca. We are pleased that you had a great stay with us. We look forward in serving you again the next time you are in the San Luis Obispo area.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Easy to get to, although somewhat isolated just off highway 101. Plenty of parking close to the hotel entrance. We were welcomed as HHonors members. Cookies and coffee were available in reception. Our room was very comfortable. Internet connection was excellent. My only complaint was that the refrigerator made "grumbling" sounds when it came on during the night. My wife didn't notice, and it really didn't disturb my sleep. I was just curious as to where the sound was coming from. The hotel had intermittent power outages during the night. I awoke to the microwave oven beeping. I had thought that my wife's phone was receiving a text message, but I was hearing the oven. When we were ready to leave the intermittent power fluctuations occurred once more, and the elevator had been shut down. We took the stairs to reception. I like Hampton Inns, and they are my preferred chain for vacation travel. This is a nice Inn. Power fluctuations are not the hotel's fault. I would stay here again, and I would recommend this inn to another traveler.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tbm210
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Loyal guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo. I'm sorry you had issues with the refrigorator make the rumbing sounds. I had my Chief Engineer check maintenance the conern. Also about the power outage during your stay, there was surrounding area issues that day and a half. I'm glad it did not affect your stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall, the Hampton Inn San Luis Obispo is everything you'd expect from a commercial, boxed hotel chain. The location is a bit out of the way as it is literally off the 101 freeway near Los Osos Valley Road on the outskirts of town. While in the parking lot, expect the freeway road dust to encourage you to quickly make your way to the front door. Overall, the views were lovely abd from our room, we couldn't hear the freeway. The free breakfast was nice - again, all that you would expect from Hampton Inn. Staff was adequate, room was nice, price was right for San Luis. If you don't have a car, however, definitely stay closer to downtown as this hotel is in the boonies.

Cheers and Happy Travelling

• Stayed: February 2014
Rick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Loyal guest,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the tripadvisor survey. We know that there are many differant choices of hotels to choose from and we appriciate that you chose us. We are so glad that you had a pleasant experince with us.
We look forward in serving you again.