“Late arrival” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Late arrival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Last minute room, room was clean and Comfortable, staff was courteous, breakfast could
have been more bountiful with that said great value other hotel
Was overbooked and Hampton Inn came to the rescue

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sally G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a new hotel. It is well constructed, with a decent parking lot, attractive lobby and breakfast area, and good facilities. Our room had a microwave, fridge, and multiple convenient electrical outlets that are connected. Tabletops are of granite, and doors are heavy and well insulated. There is a convenient and reasonable priced laundry facility on our floor. The pool and hot tub are clean.
Everything works, except the toilet paper dispenser, which does not accept large rolls of tp, and needs to be repositioned. There is no safe.
The breakfast sets a standard to which hotels should aspire -- 0% yoghurt, hot oatmeal with fruit and raisins, prepared omelette with sausage patties, and delicious fruit, including bananas and apples.
The small convenience pantry is well stocked, including frozen and nutritious lean cuisine meals and frozen ice cream, should quick access to food be required.
The staff have a smile, are positive, and they are accommodating.
For a hotel of this standard, I could not have asked for more, and can only recommend it highly. I would happily return, if I am visiting here again.

5 Thank Kidssleep
outside Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a new property in SLO and we stayed for two nights in February. We received a room at the end of the hall on the third floor, I think #332 and the room was quite large and very clean. Our daughter was with us and she slept on the pull out sofabed, which was perfect for her. The room had a wet bar and a fridge and the bathroom was also very nice and clean.

A couple of things I think could be better. As another reviewer stated, our bathroom door would not stay open. It constantly closed so we put a shoe in front of it to keep it open; also it creaked so everytime we opened the door (and then it would shut itself) the door made a long slow creak. I love the idea of the clean duvet/beds. The back of the duvet cover was a slick material that constantly slid down to the floor. Definitely a clean duvet, but not so warm when it's on the floor! :) Last, the mattress was not really good. I woke up stiff and sore; perhaps it was because the previous four nights we'd been in a luxury hotel, but the Hampton Inn mattress was just not supportive enough for me. Others below have not minded it so it may be me.

The breakfast downstairs was nice and the table for groups was a neat touch. The front desk staff is attentive and kind.

1 Thank wrensaver
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a nice Hampton Inn. The room was clean and very comfortable, except for the fact that the a/c unit blew cold air constantly no matter how we tried to adjust the thermostat. It was winter and cold at night so we did not want cold air blowing in the room. Luckily the very comfortable beds are perfectly warm so once in bed we didn't notice the room temp. My other complaint is that the parking lot is very small. We arrived at 7pm (on a Sunday) and were able to park. However, after we went out and returned at 10pm, there was not ONE space available. There is another lot behind the hotel, accessed by driving around the block. But, it was not clear at all that this lot belonged to the property, and it was dark and deserted. I did not feel safe parking my car in a dark deserted lot behind the hotel at night. So I went back to the front and went in to the front desk to ask where guests are supposed to park when their lot is full. The young lady at the front desk was very flustered and vague and stated only that she had just had to move her car for a guest... which means that this tiny parking lot is not just for guests but is for the staff as well?? This makes no sense to me at all. Luckily as I was standing there some people were leaving so I was able to take their spot. Those are my only complaints. The fitness center was very nice, with good quality modern equipment. The breakfast was well stocked and excellent and the large breakfast room was very pleasant. The room was comfortable, other than the cold air. Overall I thought this was a nice hotel. They just need a bigger parking lot.

1 Thank Maxjosie
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

When our trip changed and we had the opportunity to stay in SLO, our 'usual' hotel was sold out. I found Hampton Inn & Suites and did a "book and pay now" deal. I was a bit apprehensive but from the minute we walked in, we were hooked.

We were warmly greeted by the desk clerk and everything about our stay was explained thoroughly.

This chain prides themselves on clean bedspreads and I felt at home on the bed. Really comfortable and clean.

Our self-serve complimentary breakfast was the best I've had. Everything was fresh and well balanced. This is now our "usual" hotel for all trips. Wow.

Room Tip: I requested to be away from all known sounds (elevators, ice machines, stairwells). They honored my...
1 Thank Denise H
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a new hotel. The management is excellent. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast excellent. There is some noise from the freeway, so request a room on the side away from the
traffic. My only complaint was that the business center is extremely hot. The heat is way too high.
Otherwise, the hotel was excellent and definitely the best option for SLO. I have stayed at other hotels in the same price range that were unacceptable. I stayed 3 nights at this hotel and was extremely happy with the entire situation. Be aware that weekend rates are much higher than week day rates.

2 Thank losborn
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very nice property and a great addition to the area. Friendly staff at check in. Rooms comfortable, ours a bit small. Loved that the duvet covers are also cleaned for each guest arrival. After a long drive, to plop on the bed was wonderful. Only problem we had was the bathroom door would not stay open which in a narrow room made it tricky to get ready for events as we came an went. Lots a parking and well lit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family