HI San Luis Obispo
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$139
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
$85
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
$169
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
$179
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Breakfast included
$154
$134
Agoda.com
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$99
$204
$195
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$209
Hotwire.com
All reviewspancake breakfastamtrak stationslept like a babyliving roomhosteldormguestsobispodowntownslojarredcaliforniaprivacy
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed here overnight as we were passing through on a roadtrip. Were instantly greeted by many a smiling face, showed to a comfortable room and invited to join the staff and other for a home cooked meal (which was delicious). I was sick when i arrived and it was the perfect place to get some rest, there were extremely comfy couches and a fire place, and just a generally chilled and cosy vibe. I highly recommend this place - really friendly staff and a great place to just hang out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2012

definitly a good place to stop ! i hightly recommand it. nice staff, pancakes in the morning, you'll feel like home.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

So we only stayed one night at this very nice hostel. But it was a much needed break from the other places we had stayed. I found it to be very peaceful, and I regret not staying longer in both the hostel and S.L.O itself. The hostel has a very 'homey' feel, especially in the loungeroom where you can just have time to relax and have a chat to other travellers or the very friendly staff. The hostel is only a short walk from the centre of town, and if you are trevelling by rail or bus (I forget the company, but they operate both as a rail and coach), it is close to the station as well. There is a computer for use by guests that is free which was a nice change.

But for me, the standout was the staff. Extremely friendly people who were more than happy to help out. When the taxi comapny failed to send a taxi that could take my surfboard, the owner of the hostel (whose name I have currently forgotten, but Justin is ringing a bell, but if that isn't right, I apologise) drove my friend and I to the bus stop. Legend.

There is also this rope and ball game that is worth a crack.

Great place to stay, will go back again for sure!

Room Tip: Of all the share rooms I have stayed in, this was by far the best.
Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This place is awesome, I'd totally recommend staying here. Cool people, nice and friendly staff; beautiful house...

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at Hostel Obispo and I suspect not the last. They are gracious hosts, complete with coffee and pancakes in the morning! Clean rooms and friendly travelers make this the perfect place for social vagabonds. It is located a short walk from the train station and downtown SLO. Not used to staying in a hostel? Step outside your routine and spend a few nights in this great communal environment. You can't go wrong!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business