Heritage Inn B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ramada San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Homestead Motel(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Los Padres Motel(San Luis Obispo)
Good 3.5/5
Lamplighter Inn & Suites(San Luis Obispo)
Average 3/5
Sunbeam Motel(San Luis Obispo)
Good 3.5/5
Villa Motel(San Luis Obispo)
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfresh fruitcookieswell behaved dogscoffee cakefrittatacreekfreewaylodging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2011

This is the most relaxing place I've ever stayed (I travel domestically and internationally 1/3 of my time for work). It's a wonderful old manor house within easy walking distance of both downtown and Cal Poly. The fireplace in the bedroom, a cozy living room with the paper in the morning and wine in the evening, a great home cooked breakfast by Georgia herself... I felt a welcomed guest. The place is clean and neat without feeling institutionally sterile, safe and secure instead of deadbolted and chained like a standard hotel. I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Heritage Inn B&B is fine. It is clean. The host is friendly. Breakfast is good, though not fancy. But I would not suggest it for a romantic getaway.

First, the rooms tend to be on the small side. We opted for a room with a bathroom, and the shower is very small (my husband had to duck to avoid hitting his head). Second, while it is a nice place, it is not luxurious. For the rate of the room, I expected a down comforter and a few more amenities, but this really is a straightforward B&B with no frills. Third, it is basically located on an on/off ramp for 101, surrounded by cheap motels--not exactly a charming location, although it is convenient to downtown or 101 (obviously), and we did not have an issue with freeway noise. Finally, our room shared a wall with the community bathroom/bath tub. Some other guests, at 1 a.m., decided that was the time for a "bath tub" party. Three or four of them were in there, laughing and making a lot of noise. It was awkward for us and just plain weird, but since the host does not live in the B&B and we didn't know how to contact her without walking outside to the host quarters we just dealt with it. Then the noisy guests went downstairs and played music. I have never stayed in a B&B with such thoughtless individuals before--usually I like the people we meet at B&Bs.

If you need a place to stay while visiting Cal Poly or in town for work, this functions quite well. If you're looking for a romantic escape with your significant other, keep looking--this is not the spot. I also think other guests, for whatever reason (timing?) chatted with the host more and got suggestions for restaurants and things to do. That was not my experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stlogan
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We had an incredible weekend at the Heritage Inn Bed and Breakfast. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the location was very close to shops and dining, and most importantly, the innkeeper went above and beyond to show us the best hospitality we have experienced in a long time. She provided a warm and inviting environment to enjoy a lovely weekend where we could relax and enjoy good company. Breakfast was magnificent as well. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Terrie the B&B Manager made our stay special with her friendly personality and her terrific breakfasts. The B&B is charming, we like the creek that runs beside it and the warm cozy fireplaces.
We were here with friends celebrating our husbands birthdays which happen to be on the same day. She went out of her way to make sure our experience was memorable. Terrie surprised our husbands with party hats and birthday cards on thier birthdays. We will come back again with family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My husband and I (and our dog) spent New Year's Eve at the Heritage Inn and all of our expectations were exceeded. We wanted a quiet, away from the bar-scene kind of New Years Eve. The gracious innkeeper and hostess, Terri gave us a warm welcome that included local info, a map and suggestions on where to go and to eat. Our room was the Mountain View; small but clean with private bathroom and a great view with a balcony overlooking the rushing creek. Outside, stairs lead to a lovely and fairly large creek perfect for the dog or sitting on the chairs to relax. Terri set up reservations for us (and others) to have dinner at the Spyglass Inn and attend a comedy show. After, she hosted a New Years Eve reception with sparkling wine, plenty of food and great conversation with local friends and out-of-town guests. I believe she may be doing something for Valentine's day as well.
Dog-friendly and no extra fee, but not allowed in dining or common area as to be expected. Breakfast the following morning was nice; great selection of hot/cold cereals, toast, yogurt, juices, a homemade veggie frittata, bacon...coffee, tea, etc.
Everything and more than you would expect from a Bed and Breakfast. It's places like this that keep us going to B&B's.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple