“A Taste of New York City”
Review of Sidecar

Sidecar
Ranked #73 of 309 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

One of the best things about New York City is its number of good quality restaurants/bars.
We have our share, but Sidecar reminds me the most of the New York experience.
Their Happy Hour has a great choice of drinks and they can turn out superior classics.
Their food is also very good. Their burger choice is exceptional.

1  Thank LosOsosMike

Reviewed April 24, 2013

When I saw the roasted Brussel Sprout appetizer, I was fairly sure I would like this place - and the short but excellent craft beer list convinced me. The main dish was a tough choice, but I went for the Davinci pasta with smoked chicken, broccoli, and a yummy sauce. Our friends ordered risotto and a gunslinger burger, and we were all happy with our choices. They also have hard liquor and a nice selection of local wines. Two of us ordered dessert, one ice cream trio (the coconut sorbet is luscious) and and one macaron plate with more of the coconut sorbet. Service ws very good but the music was a little loud for us old folks.

1  Thank milasmom
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

It is so hard to choose between the several versions if eggs Benedict. They all look great! Split a couple with a friend so you can try more than one. The specialty bloody Mary's are great. My husband loved the carnivore, with salami cheese and bacon! Wow! Great live music and a fun current vibe. The donut holes with three decadent dipping sauces are a must!

1  Thank PismoLulu
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Came here for brunch and I get that the place is trying to be eclectic in its decor but it's one thing to have mismatched furniture and it's another to be unclean. The floor really needed to be swept and the booth we sat in had tons of crumbs on the seat and old liquid stains. If the front of the house is like this - I always wonder how it looks in the back where the customers don't see...

My husband and I both got a cappuccino and mine was served on a dusty saucer...like REALLY dusty. Luckily, they made me another but at this point I was a bit turned off. I thought they might comp it, but it was still on our bill. Our server was a little slow but I think he was only working with one other server to attend to all the tables. He was understanding when it came to the dirty saucer though.

Things did turn around from here. The food was really good. My husband had the chicken and wafles and cleaned his plate. I had the eggs benedict with asparagus and tomatillos. It was excellent.

I may return for dinner and to try the friend brussels sprouts because they sound fantastic.

1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Cafe style seating w/ furniture that appeared to be from garage sales, and yet, fits in quite well at the restaurant!

Food was soooo yummy. Got the rib-eye steak. Grass fed which always is a plus. I would give this place 5 stars except they used a bit too much flavoring on the steak; if you get it, maybe ask them to tone it down.

Brussel sprouts were really good, and the asparagus soup was great. I got an endive salad, advertised as having persimmons, though when it arrived the waitress told us they substituted apples. They could've told me this before hand.

Overall, we'd go back.