“New Chef is terrific!”
Review of Granada Bistro

Granada Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Granada Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 304 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Didn't know what to expect based on reviews, but wow did we love the whole experience! The food was delicious. I had the soup and the ceviche and my husband had the very creative caesar and Mussels. The wait staff was like a symphony, great timing. Loved the vibe. The hotel is also a wonderful place to stay. We love it here and highly recommend it.

1  Thank NapaDebbala

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The atmosphere is good as is the food, but not great for the price. I agree with other reviews that the service is average and I would think a restaurant of this caliber would have better trained staff. I had roast chicken and my wife had the filet. The chicken was very good but the broccoli was raw and not eatable. My wife's filet was excellent as was the beet salad. We live in Southern California and next time we visit the area we would probably give them another chance.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Granada hotel and ate at The Granada Bistro 3 times. The aesthetics to this restaurant are beautiful. The wine selection and the mixology selection were excellent and delicious. The food was good. There were some dishes that far exceeded others overall but a good experience. We did not find the service to be very good. The hostesses were excellent but the service lacked attention especially the dinner service. Im not sure what the disconnect was there we wanted to tip our busboy rather than tipping our server it was that lame. Other than the service we enjoyed ourselves. There are not many very good places to choose from in SLO so I highly recommend Granada.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went in alone for a late dinner and opted to sit at the bar. The restaurant was quiet and cozy and charming. The host who seated me, and the bartender from whom I ordered were welcoming and not the least bit arrogant or chilly (as others have commented?)

I ordered two appetizers: 1) the gambas al ajillo (shrimp with garlic) served with house chorizo (outstanding!) and garlic toast - FIVE stars; and 2) a chopped salad, which was (for me) way too salty, and I like things that are salty, with feta, olives, bacon and pepperoncini in addition to lettuce and cherry tomatoes - 2.5 stars.

Unfortunately, mere moments after I'd ordered, a large and LOUD party arrived, and proceeded to virtually take over the bar area. They were clearly enjoying themselves and their ?reunion? but it adversely affected my experience. On the other hand, it had been MY choice to sit at the bar. To avoid another such experience, I would choose to eat on the patio, if I return. The extremely good-looking and charming (but never inappropriate) bartender and waiters and host would be an excellent reason for a return visit, too.

1  Thank NYCbacktoLAhooray
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very tasty and charming open space. Food was excellent. Lunch or dinner have been terrific. Choose a sunny day and enjoy the patio.