“Comfortable and delicious”
Review of Sally Loo's Cafe

Sally Loo's Cafe
Ranked #79 of 309 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our way from Pismo Beach to the Bay Area for brunch and were delighted with the food and atmosphere. I had the special cornbread and cranberry pancakes which were heavenly. They were light and flavorful with the crunch of the cornmeal. The cranberry syrup was more of a sauce and added more cranberry flavor but did not make the pancakes soggy like syrup would have. My husband had the Miriah sandwich (eggs, spinach and brie on a baguette) which he throughly enjoyed.
We will return when in SLO again.

1  Thank Corinne F

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been to this place a few times and always enjoy it. The atmosphere at this place is what makes it special. The floor plan is open and lots of light comes in. The food here is also excellent, and organic. It is located next to the train station and is pretty close to downtown.

1  Thank Helvetia2784
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This place is very good, even if you believe that organic claims are hogwash. Food very good service excellent. Be careful of the whole raw milk. It might make you really sick!

1  Thank drinkmilkCa
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Just had a simple yet yummy lunch at Sally Loo's. Panini sandwich with fresh tomato, basil and mozarella cheese on a perfectly crunchy and fresh bread... the sandwich was perfection. Atmosphere is sophisticaled college coffee shop, complete with weird art on the walls, homemade mobiles, repurposed furniture and a woodburning stove. Menu specials hand printed on a roll of butcher paper is a creative touch. A nice place to meet a friend for lunch or go by yourself to read HuffPost on your Ipad...

1  Thank YucatanLiving
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I ordered the stuffed croissant (eggs, cream cheese, spinach, raw cheddar). What I got was eggs with spinach (no cheddar) on a piece of unbuttered rustic toast and two tiny berries (this was $7 by the way). When the waitress brought me my order she informed me they were out of croissants and asked if it was ok. I went up to the counter where it was apparent other people had been unpleasantly surprised when they expected a croissant and got bread instead. Fortunately the lady gave me a refund. Why the idiot at the cashier didn't inform customers they were out of croissants, I have no idea. This appears to be a common experience from the other reviews I've read. When will they learn to order enough croissants?!
My friends ordered the killer grilled cheese (delicious and amazing) and the chocolate shake with orange zest (delicious and amazing). I wish I could have enjoyed my food as much as they did.

1  Thank staciePasoRobles