All reviews ox piadina valet linens amenities downtown floor spa slo san bed
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Spectacular rooms, great restaurant, Ox and Anchor. Decent restaurant, Piadini. We ate at Ox and dAnchor 3x. Very rare for us to eat at any establishment’ more than once. Best steak ever! Porterhouse. Two of us split it, which made it
good value as well.

Room tip: Large suite, 1.5 baths, 2 decks, one w outdoor lounge. Don’t get a room over the bar if you’re an early sleeper.
Date of stay: January 2020
reedwolf, General Manager at Hotel San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thanks for connecting with us and sharing the kind words for our hotel and on site dining. It was wonderful having you and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Now I have not actually stayed here, but I have been dropping in since the soft opening
I have had lunch at the bar inside ( which in itself is gorgeous)
The staff is beyond friendly,Gabby waited on me at the bar, she was so helpful & cheery
I would go back just so she could wait on me:)
Pizza & salads were great, looking forward to dinner at the new place (a steak house attached) Gorgeous Hotel! everything about it is luxurious .

Date of stay: December 2019
reedwolf, General Manager at Hotel San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thanks for reaching out. We really appreciate the kind words for our restaurant and staff and I will be sure to pass along the feedback. We hope to welcome you back for a longer visit, soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2019

I do not know where to begin with raving about this hotel. From the moment you pull up to the living plant entry they make you feel special. The valet, door staff and front desk were very welcoming, and all the public spaces have unique and exquisite local art. The lobby has a large warm and inviting glass fireplace and bar with comfortable seating scattered throughout. Our room was very open and spacious with a balcony and terrace, white oak wood floors with woven rugs and cozy and distinctive furnishings. It was very quiet, and the bed and linen were incredibly comfortable The amenities were high tech and deluxe and the room had complimentary snacks and coffee along with adorable refillable water bottles (filling stations and ice available on each floor). The grounds have varied flora, hardscape, and waterscape to create a peaceful and relaxing feeling and they also have a spa which wasn’t quite open yet when we stayed there. This hotel is in the downtown San Luis Obispo with many options for dining in walking distance, but the hotel also has a wonderful restaurant with farm-fresh food options.

Date of stay: December 2019
reedwolf, General Manager at Hotel San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2019

Thank you so much for connecting with us and sharing your experience. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our premium amenities. It was wonderful having you and we can't wait until your next visit.

Reviewed December 6, 2019 via mobile

My colleague and I went to stay two nights at this hotel while doing business in the San Luis Obispo area. The staff, the restaurant, and furnishings of the hotel are just beautiful. This is truly a modern luxury hotel at its finest. We were informed The Spa and second restaurant, Ox and Anchor are scheduled to open in the next two weeks. We’re looking forward to coming back and experiencing. 5 stars!

Trip type: Traveled on business
reedwolf, General Manager at Hotel San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2019

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the kind words for our hotel and amenities. We're thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait until your next visit!

Reviewed November 25, 2019

This is an amazing property. Conveniently Located Steps From Downtown San Luis Obispo. The hotel is tucked between the Mountains & the Sea....It is literally an oasis. A Modern & Urban Resort. Some of the unique amenities are a garden terrace Pool. Onsite indoor and outdoor dining ( Piadina). The rooms are so spacious and I loved the fact that when they designed it (I feel ) they had in mind to utilize every space and corner of the room to make the most comfortable stay for their guests. Since we are talking about comfort the beds are just incredible confortable dressed with high end linens ...And last but not least The hotel is Dog-Friendly. I have attached a map for those whom are not familiar with this beautiful drive from Los Angeles to San Luis Obispo and/or from San Francisco to San Luis Obispo, among other nice pictures of my room during my stay.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Seth1964
reedwolf, General Manager at Hotel San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad to hear you took advantage of so many of the activities that San Luis Obispo offers. Our goal is to make your experience as comfortable as possible whether you choose to rest or play, and I’m glad our staff delivered on that promise. Please come back and visit us, soon.