I received a Travelzoo deal for $119 a night and $169 on weekend night, and 40% off spa services plus complimentary passes to two wineries. I was concerned before the trip after reading the horrible reviews on Trip Advisor. But we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly, although the second day receptionist was a bit curt, and the spa /gift shop questioned the validity of the travelzoo 40% discount. She gave us 40% off the service for one person and not for 2 persons. Odd! The Garden at Avila restaurant was good, reasonably priced, and staff was very friendly and referred us to good local wineries - Tolosa and Baylenna. Hot tub outside was perfect. Enclosed wall, and yes, if it rains, there is no cover. But you want no cover to see the blue sky. The suite - was fabulous - a bit old, but clean and quiet. It has a fireplace, spacious bedroom and living room with microwave and fridge, and ethernet cable for internet. We were going to try the public mineral bath tub before the spa, but the place didn't look as clean as the one in the room. The massage was great, but overpriced (even with the discount). So, for the value we got, the whole trip was great. Not sure with the regular price. But it is a romantic getaway. Bring your own romantic CDs, candles, a bottle of wine...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore