I have read the reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp and set my expectation rather low; however, the place is great, and other people’s concerns were pretty unrealistic. First, it’s a mineral Springs resort, if you don’t like the smell, please don’t book the place. Second, the hot tub on the deck is huge, and if one doesn’t know how long it takes to fill up a bathtub, then shouldn’t complain. We had 1bdr suit with fresh water hot tub, and the tub filled up rather quickly given the size of it, with the hot water and cold water working perfectly. The room may need some face lift, but it’s roomy and clean. We really enjoyed the hikes (city to sea and sycamore) and the private mineral tub on the hill. The Garden restaurant is amazing, everything is fresh, and pairing with local wine, its match made in heavy.
Check out the Custom House and Olde Port Inn at Avila Beach, good alternatives other than the restaurant on site. Book your private mineral tub early, it cost extra ($17.5 for weekend), but it is worth the money after the hike. One can also book the spa treatment, which comes with 30min free soak.
Overall, it’s a spa resort, so calmness and healthy lifestyle are focus. Over the weekend we stayed, there were two weddings, and I’m not big fan of it, even though I understand that Hotel tries to attract different travelers during economy downturn.
Only complain is the usage of the heated pool by treatment center. There were large group of families with kids in the pool during our stay, and they were screaming and yelling even though it is supposed to be cell free quiet zone. Hotel staff tried to keep them under control, but unsuccessful. I would encourage family with kids to use their sister property down the road, which could be beneficial for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore