I booked a basic one bedroom suite with mineral hot spa in the balcony.
The location is a bit odd. Its in the woods but off of a major street, not the easiest to find but if you pay attention to the sign its not difficult. If you drive out a few minutes there's a mini downtown area by the Avila Beach, few great dining options.
The hotel, I think is overrated for the price. The property is nice, spread out which is very spa resort like. Our room was nice, the bed was a bit too high (I'm 5'6, female) but comfortable, spacious room, great spacious bathroom, and a balcony where the hot tub is.
The hot tub we had was the kind of tub you buy for your home. Clean and functional but nothing "special" really. The mineral hot spring was very hot, which is good for hot spring so that was very good. One thing I was uncomfortable with was that even though the balcony had shades from the trees, it was VERY visible to the other suites. If I would've know, I wouldn't have booked a $300 room but did one day admission to their private outdoor tubs.
Our room included dining vouchers for their one restaurant onsite. Very laid back, food was ok. But I wish there was more options in terms of dining since hotel/resort/spa experience is heavily influenced by food. Especially in a spa in a mountain-like setting like this one, you want to have some breakfast options or organic deli.
Overall not a bad hotel, just not worth $300 in my opinion. I could've gone to Glen Ivy hot springs for $55 and gotten their over-priced massage for much less than the hotel.
For the price and the spa nature, I would've expected a lot more fine details with exquisite character.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore