We have stayed at this hotel 3 times. The mineral tubs are amazing! They have also seemed to have really tried to improve the quality of the rooms. On our last visit we were only able to make from the hot tub to the bed, and from the hot tub to the bed. The bed was SOOOOO comfortable that we literally could not get out to even go to the restuarant! We chose to eat crackers and cheese. The water is healing and soaks into your muscles and bones. I do sure wish they would find a way to put some seating into the rooms. A comfortable chair would sure be nice. No wonder we went straight to the bed! We drive 6 hours to visit Pismo Beach every year and this spot is a must stop. The front desk staff and the reservation phone people are a joy. Especially Erin! He really went out of his way to give us a through description and comparison of the rooms. Our only complaints were the gift shop gals were extremely rude! And even after we spent $100.00 on gifts! Also we used to love to rent the tubs by the hour on the hill. You could always refill your tub to your preferred temp. and with fresh water. Now it seems a little nasty to know your iin water that people are getting "romantic" in and you can't put new water in. Plus it is now chlorinated (for that reason). It truly detracts from the whole mineral water properties. No more tubs by the hour for us. We will just have to rent a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HotelPower so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore