This review is just for the hot tubs as we didn't do anything else there.
My wife and I just moved to the area and visited the hot tubs last night. Very romantic and relaxed atmosphere. We had a great time--even at $13.50 per hour per person, we would do it again.
The hot tubs are private with a security gate and enclosure, so you can have a romantic time there without worrying about people suddenly joining you. The water seemed clean and at a nice temp, about 102 to 103, which made it easy to remain in the tub for the full hour (plus the 15 minute grace period the front desk gave us). Not sulfur smelling and not loaded with chlorine, our tub was really pleasant.
We climbed to the highest tub, and the walk is beautiful even at night with the overhanging trees (sycamore and oaks). We could also see plenty of stars clearly through the branches.
Bring your own towels to save the $2 rental. I believe you can also bring food and drink, but they probably have a no glass policy. We brought drinks in plastic bottles.
The stairs are a bit steep so people needing climbing assistance may want to stay on the lower levels. Reservations are recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore