Our first visit was amazing. We loved the west meadow room - they are beautiful with fireplace, separate living room, patio tub, and there is a nice walking trail. We loved our stay so much we went back some months later. This time we were advised by the phone reservations operator to stay in the Basic Room because I had decided to ask if all the tubs had real hot springs water, and was informed that only the basic rooms did. So, the Basic room is what we selected for our second visit which was on a summer day.
The room located was on a steep hill, dark with the shade of many oak trees. The walk was steep and we had to carry our luggage and bags uphill from the car, then found the room and pool inhabited by mosquitoes. We had no interest in sitting out in that tub with hungry mosquitoes. These rooms on the hill have no air conditioning so one would need to keep windows/door open to cool down the room in summertime. We really disliked this room as it was humming with mosquitoes. Also, it looked like we were the only ones staying in this block of rooms and so it was unusually quiet. Perhaps other guests knew better.
I very much plan to return to this hotel because of the wonderful time we had with the Suite room. I need to make sure that it is a suite! I would just strongly advise to avoid the Basic Rooms. What a huge difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore