We didn't stay here, we just went to the mineral springs. They're $13.50 during the week and $17.50 Fri-Sun per person. But it was $35 well spent! Each spring tub is completely secluded from the others, so you have a private location. The water is beautifully warm and soft, and each tub has a sheltered patio area around it for changing or relaxing by the tub. We had one right up the hill (quite a few stairs) with a lovely view down the mountain - but we could barely hear anyone else and couldn't see anyone at all.
It's worth booking if you go in the evening or weekend - we were told we'd have to wait up to 1 hour for a free tub, but after 10 minutes were called through from the bar as one had come free.
The staff are helpful and friendly - the whole place has a lovely, romantic atmosphere. They do tubs for two people up to around 5 or 6 I think. To avoid extra charges take your own towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore