Some reviews/ratings do not do this place justice; it is well worth the money just to be totally free from stress, to soak in your own personal sulphur hot tub looking up at the stars is just incredibly peaceful and relaxing.
We had driven passed the Sycamore spa hotel on our way to Avila beach, which in its own right is a beautiful place with a great walk out on the pier, where you can watch the sea lions play.
We decided to return the next day and have a look at the Spa services that they had to offer at the Sycamore. The receptionist at the front desk told us all about the hotel and spa then offered us a tour of the West meadow suites with a private hot tub, as we had told him that we were looking for peace and tranquility. A golf buggy transported my wife and I across a bridge into a very secluded private area, so peaceful and beautiful hidden by the trees. We immediately returned to the front desk and booked in for the last few days of our vacation (4 nights).
The lounge area in the suite was well laid out and spacious, with a fake log gas fire (very welcomed after the heat of the tub and the cold night air) and a big TV (not that the TV was even thought about being turned on!). The 4-poster bed was huge over three feet high with great big fluffy pillows, great fun. The bathroom was also well laid out with the usual stuff and a big double-headed shower made for two with loads of towels and nice big bathrobes. The hot tub on our very private balcony was exceptionally clean, and secluded; we bought some smelly stuff from the gift shop on site and soaked away for hours surrounded by nature and the stars, being gently massaged by the water jets, smelling cherry blossom and citrus till very late in the evening.
The breakfast was unnecessarily over presented, (very “arty”) and lacking in taste, we entered the main restaurant for our evening meal, looked at what was on the menu, saw the dishes being served and decided that it was the same as breakfast and left. Both Avila and Pismo have great restaurants with real food very close by.
To sum this up, the staff, facilities, suite and grounds are a little piece of heaven beautifully kept and presented but a big shame about the restaurant. We will defiantly return there should we be in that area again and take a picnic hamper with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore