“Birthday Get-Away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Luis Obispo
Petit Soleil, Bed and Breakfast
San Jose, California
“Birthday Get-Away”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What a wonderful place to spend a weekend. The parking is a little weird but what a great little find. A friend recommended it as a must. We loved it. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Everything from the bottled water to the evening "treats" made you feel like you were in France. A first class B & B that we totally enjoyed and will go to again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jflo2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A friend and I recently met in San Luis Obispo for a girls weekend since my friend's daughter is attending school there. We stayed at the Petit Soleil B & B and wish we could have stayed longer. Everything about our stay was wonderful. The owners sure put a lot of attention to detail into this property. Our room was spotless and adorably decorated. I loved that each room had a special name. We got turndown service each evening with really delicious handmade chocolate truffles. Breakfast is included with your room, with a choice of two main dishes and a lovely spread of fruit, coffee cakes, scones and the like. Such a great way to start your day! Every evening, they offer wine, sparkling beverages and snacks in the courtyard. Not your average snacks but cheeses, flavored almonds, fruits and hearty breads. Each night was a little different. Then there’s the staff. Every single staff member we encountered was sincerely friendly and warm. The owners and their team truly know how to create a feeling of welcome and hospitality. And I might add that the other guests we met there were nice too. We came away with new friends. On your next visit to SLO if you want to experience a bit of European charm, treat yourself to a room at Petit Soleil Bed & Breakfast.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Luvboatgal
Lafayette, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a gem. The wine and appetizers were wonderful. Breakfast was excellent and everyone was very friendly. You really think you are in France. The rooms are similar to what we have chosen in our many visits to France.
My only complaint is the pillows. I would have thought they would have fluffy down pillows. If we return, I will bring my own. It really is a lovely place with a wonderful location and service.

• Stayed April 2013
Los Gatos CA
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We originally went here because they were pet-friendly but our expectations were totally exceeded. It's a quaint bed and breakfast with some of the most delicious food we'd ever eaten. We were so enthralled with the food, we bought their cookbook and shared it with our cousins who were guests along with us. The fennel almonds were especially wonderful. Breakfast had unique entrees as did the hors d'oeuvres.

Each room was appointed a little differently and uniquely. They were appointed with soaps and shampoos from a French company, in keeping with the French theme. The architecture of the building was a la Paris and the location was near very fine restaurants.

A wonderful time was had by all and we intend to go back there anytime we're staying in San Luis Obispo.

Room Tip: Each room is wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brightster
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at Petit Soleil in September of 2011 when I was in town on business. It is a beautiful and charming B&B. The rooms are adorable, and they have a great turn down service. They offer a wonderful happy hour in the courtyard every afternoon with multiple fantastic wine options and yummy snacks, and their breakfast is one of the best I've ever had. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed February 26, 2013

First off.... San Louis Obispo is quite a town. It's almost so cute, it was cut out by a cookie-cutter! I stayed at this bed and breakfast (more of a lodge), for one night while traveling down to San Diego from San Fransisco. The staff is AWESOME, the location is pretty good, and the breakfast is to die for.

The room was cute.... until I realized I was surrounded by clowns... Qui.. italian influenced-french clowns... je ne sais quoi....

All clowning aside... (ha).... The place was so charming and comfortable that I didn't even think a balloon would come through the drain, or I would have to escape a death grip from a clown... I was exhausted... ended up ordering some food, relaxing in my room on a cold 40 degree night, and reading the guest book and a book about Pierrot the clown.

The room was large, the bed comfy, the bathroom spacious, products wonderful, and the turn key entry was the cherry on the cream... or creme or whatever.... The stay was amazing.
The staff provides a breakfast....... not just a regular cliche continental breakfast..... THEY SERVE A BREAKFAST. I had a Chevre and Leek Frittata type dish, a pastry, fruit, and a glass of tea. This was all enjoyed in the beautiful dining area. They have an outside patio as well, I decided to stay warm inside!

Everything about this place was great... Next time I'll just request a clown free room (btw if you can't tell.... I don't really care for clowns). I have to say, I won't be able to stay anywhere else in San Louis Obispo!

Room Tip: The parking lot is shared by the neighboring restaurant.... parking can get tricky. The town is rea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I did not stay here, but I ate breakfast with friends who were here. WOW. Lovely breakfast room with a tea and coffee bar, plus a continental buffet (fruit, juices, home baked goodies), PLUS two cooked to order entree selections: egg and brie strata or banana-coconut pancakes. And you can order seconds! the staff was super friendly, and let us sit and talk at our table well past the official breakfast time.

I checked out my friends' room and it looked lovely, with a French country decorating theme.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business